Hide from Gimme Shelter!

Don't let them sweet talk you into a contract. They did a classic 'bait and switch' on me. I signed their initial contract allowing them to work with the insurance company. Once the insurance agent showed up, it was a whole different story. They didn't seem to really know how to talk to the agent and got him mad and then he didn't allow a claim. Gimme Shelter then did a fancy dance to blame everything on the insurance agent and threatened me to have to pay them a fee just for meeting the agent. They threatened me and tricked me into getting a roof that I didn't really need and didn't want to have to pay for. The work seemed OK after all but they took some short cuts which were pointed out to me by others afterward.

really can't recommend them - I had trouble getting everything done right and cleanup was a nightmare

Why do roofers have such a bad reputation? Just wondering?

A roofer tried to get me to put a new roof on my trailer home for $10,000.00 Anyway, the trailer was a 24x 48 doublewide. the trailer wasn't even worth 10k.

Anyway, is 10k an average price for a roof for a trailer that size? :?

Why do roofers have such a bad reputation? Just wondering?

Anyway, is 10k an average price for a roof for a trailer that size? :?

Yes, I met the owner, Michael Athas - what an arrogant ***

Don't sign an open contract with these liars!

They also have a complaint on Bbb

Too bad

This is that bad contractor

I also have heard complaints.

This company is getting lots of bad reviews.

View more comments (9)
ID
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Gimme Shelter Sucks

Gimme Shelter Roofing in Colorado Springs used to be called iGoHire Roofers. That is a perfect name for them, if you give them any money (yours or the insurance company's) they then go and find a roofer to do the job. They have no crew, they have no staff, they have no credit and they have no integrity. They did shoddy work, they conned me into a contract with them and they didn't do what they promised. I made many calls and had no results. STAY AWAY FROM THEM! I have friends who have had great experiences with other roofers - don't use these guys!!!

they now "operate" under the name "Roof Envy", and use a webite recoveringroofers.com, a name they(he) sold, then worked for as sales staff. allegedly embezzled from the new, owners, (marks) wiping them out.

They are cons, they contract undocumented installers, seldom paying them the agreed upon amount, and pocket 50% of the insurance payout, on average. They do work from their homes. Every name thay operated under, is still registered, and have active bank accounts.

Gimme Shelter was sold, but the new owners were never able to do anything with it. They have several judgments against them, thus the still active llc;s so HE never has to pay the plaintiffs, his personal assets are safe..

bad company :cry

There are lots of other complaints about this company.

They look like they work out of their home and would not stand behind their warranty.

Don't sign an open contract with these liars!

Gimme Shelter Roofing

Colorado Springs

Angie's List

Bad Contractor

This is that bad contractor

This company is less than honest. They took me the home owner to court (SUED AND WON $1000 FOR NO WORK DONE) because I did not go with them to do the work after I spoke with Leo on the phone.

Because I did not give them a written statement, although I spoke to Leo and he specifically stated not to worry about the contract. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ROOFING COMPANY.

View more comments (5)
ID
#320166 Review #320166 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article