Gila window film sucks

I bought a roll of it (frosted window film) at Lowe's and tried to install it on a window. I've done this before with a different brand, and used Gila this time because the window was larger and only Gila had the larger size roll. The film literally stuck to the window and left a residue on it, even when I sprayed it with solution. Other products work by static cling, and this was like putting a big sticker on your window--which means you can't reposition it to get it in the right place. I had to throw it away. I wrote the company to get my money back, followed all the instructions on their website--and went ahead and purchased a different brand of product and finished my home project with no problems. Two weeks later, I receive a replacement roll of *** window film from Gila, NOT what I wanted. And of course, I sent them my receipt, as per their instructions. I'm hoping to at least get store credit at Lowe's. DO NOT buy this product! (I recommend either Light Effects or Artscape window film--much easier to apply and looks great.)

I used Gila window film on my truck. I like how dark it is but for the film itself it not good.

I used the Gila removal spray to be safe and the application spray kit with the film. The film is hard to cut because it's so thick and doesn't lay on good.

I've used Better film that's a lot easier to work with. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT

Agree completely. Gila is an awful, awful, product. Hard to put on, nearly imossible to ***. USELESS. DO NOT BUY!

A competitor, Artscape, makes a film that uses no adhesive and if you follow the instructions, works amazingly well. Hard to even tell it's not part of the glass.

Do not buy Gila.

View more comments (1)
ID
Rex, Georgia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article