Tricked into paying twice by Giga International

Update by user Jan 12, 2014

I put the amount in dispute with Capital One since Citibank has paid Giga and won't remove the charge (even though I showed proof of having paid through Capital One). I emailed sales at Giga International 3 times asking them to credit my Capital One card since they got their money through Citibank.

The response was they would look into it. So far nothing---they've been paid twice, and it would take very little effort to credit Capital One.

Original review posted by user Jan 09, 2014
After ordering a TV armoire from Giga Furniture in East Hanover, NJ and paying with my Citibank Sears card through PayPal, I heard nothing from this company. The owner, Mr. Harrison Lin, doesn't answer the phone or respond to emails. I thought it was a scam, so I put the transaction in dispute with Citibank. They took it off my bill. A couple weeks later, the item arrived. Mr. Lin sent me another invoice. I paid it through PayPal with my Capital One card. Well, Mr. Lin proceeded to tell Citibank that he sent the merchandise and had not been paid. He sent paperwork showing the tracking number (w/arrival date) to Citibank. They reinstated the charge 2 months later and won't remove it. Now I have to deal with Capital One but the charge is 6 weeks old.
ID
Greenville, South Carolina
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article