Verified Reviewer

Absorbent shipping costs

Original review updated by user Dec 20, 2020
Please do not buy from this company thinking you have gotten a good price, If you purchase from this company at a fair price. I ordered two gifts from Breck Gifts, of IND. one two jams, 17.98, 18 oz.total to ship to North Carolina from this U.S. company in Ohio. I also ordered Hot Sauce, gift pack 24 oz. 24.99. The agent was in India, he simply took the order, charged my account. I assume the appropriate amount, but never told me the total. I got the Discover charge and assumed it was both gifts to same address charge. No explanation of tax or insane shipping charge. No -- it was one gift with double the amount of gift and rest taxes, shipping and handling. It was a charge of $40.00 and some change on a 17.98 gift ordered. Crazy unheard of amount to ship within U.S. Then I get a second charge to Discover of amount of $19.00 + change for the second gift to be sent to same address. Customer Service said that's our policy to separate items and ship. Not charged for shipment of second part of order. But could not explain why shipping charge double the product cost in first shipment. What a way for company to make money on hidden charges to pocket. No way that cost that much to ship. I reported to credit card company.

User's recommendation: The shipping on a reasonable price gift are so unreasonable, you end up paying double for item, shipped from USA.

#1964937

Don't use words you don't understand. Exorbitant and absorbent are two very different things. Additionally, no one forced you to buy anything.

ID
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Gifts.com is giving me the run around

1/21/08 received an e-mail from my sister. I could pick a gift card of my choice from Gifts.Com. I placed my order on 1/23/08 for Old Chicago. When I did not received the card, via us mail in 10 business days, I called. I was told someone would call me back, they did not. 2 days letter I sent them an e-mail. 2 days after that I sent another e-mail. The next day I got a reply, I said "Please print, sign and mail the attached affidavit to the address provided. Your gift cards will be reshipped when the affidavit is received and reviewed". I mailed the affidavit and on 2/25 received a gift card in the mail. It was for MACYS!!!! I immediately called and was told there was a problem in the distribution center. I asked to speak with a supervisor who told me that they would send out an envelope to return the Macys card and when they received it they would send the right card out. I told him that it was unacceptable and they should be able to cancel the Macys card and send the Old Chicago one out. He said that someone from IT would call me, I told him that I had heard that before and if I did not get a call the next day I would start posting complaints. I never got a call, however, I did receive an e-mail saying that an envelope would be sent out. As of today I have not received that envelope! I think that this company is poorly run and I don't suggest that anyone does business with them.

Thanks for the post!! I saw this on TV ~ One late night last week and have been debating the purchase since.

I was actually filling out the order form when I saw thought "Wait, I'll open another window and see if I can find it cheaper"

I didn't find it cheaper but I found these post, and i am so glad!!

You all saved me money I didn't need to spend!! :)

Thanks so much!!

:cry I just ordered this body shaper, and if it's not what I want, I will be sending it back quick, fast and in a hurry. You people made it seem like it was the ideal thing to hide the fat rolls.

You didn't tell us it would feel like a girdle.

You also prey on fat and shapeless women with low self esteem. That is soooooooooo sad.

You didn't tell us it would feel like a girdle.

View more comments (2)
ID
Reston, Virginia

Brands Related to Gifts

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article