GHz Cellular is a scam

I ordered a SIM kit from this company, and they took my money and told me it would arrive in 3 business days, but gave no tracking number. 18 days later, they sent me nothing: not a SIM kit, not a tracking number, not a single response to my multiple inquiries during that time. I started asking for a refund, but still got no response whatsoever, so at 20 days, I filed a complaint with the Austin BBB. The business waited 30 days before finally responding to the BBB that no refund was due because "all sales are final" in their terms and conditions, except that no sale had been made (money exchanged hands, but not goods, thereby nullifying the term "sale"). I rejected the business's response twice and the BBB closed it as unresolved (they're not an enforcement agency). I've filed complaints with the FTC and the Texas AG, but they don't resolve individual complaints, so I've been screwed out of my money. Do not do business with this company. If you do, and you get screwed out of your money, file a complaint with the FTC and the Texas AG immediately so we can get this "company" shut down! They're a scam!

Been using GHz cellular service for over 2 years now, and it is reliable and much cheaper that what I had before (AT&T) with the unlimited everything plan! Yeah I had to pay shipping only for the free sim card, but $5 was much cheaper than what H20 sells it for on its website.

Website says no voice support, so I didnt expect it, and emails where decent in response time.

My first clue is that their website is not an https (secured) website. They offer no phone support and many of the links on their site are 'broken' in that they don't lead anywhere.

If you click the BYOD link it just take you back to the top of the page. They will give you a 'free' sim card but then charge you $5.00 to ship it. You can buy a H20 wireless (essentially the same service) sim for 99¢ on eBay.

Consumer Cellular will mail you a sim free of postage. Excuse me if I sound blunt but anyone that got taken by this didn't exercise enough caution.

I was taken by this company as well and I agree: DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. This is the worse customer service I have ever experienced.

The company falsely advertise services that they themselves do not offer, and I believe this business may be a scam. I paid $100.00 for a modem, and $50.00 in advance for a service that's not in their coverage area - but their map on their website reflects that I am. They took my money and refused to issue me a refund within two weeks, even though their site says money back guarantee. They do not provide the broadband service listed on their website - it is actually offered through H20 wireless although they do not disclose this on GHZ Celluar website.

Turns out that H2O does not cover my area for the unlimited internet plan. Although they sell cell phones and internet services, they state on their website that they do not have a phone number, and that you have to contact them via email.They would not respond to my emails and took over one week to respond my last email with only two words in it; RETURN DENIED. I contacted the BBB, FCC and will be filing additional complaints. I say this all sincerity: Do not buy anything from this company.

They do not honor their money back guarantee. Go elsewhere that does not first and foremost falsely advertise, and secondly, do not care about their customers whatsoever. I've been in retail for over 35 years - this is the worse business I have ever seen. I strongly believe this company should not be in business.

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST - I lost $165.00 for a service I could not use. They refused to return my money although their site states money back guarantee. Do yourself a favor - go to a reputable business instead.

Check out the BBB - they gave them an "F" rating. GHZ will take your money for nothing in return.

View more comments (2)
ID
Austin, Texas
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article