Unfinished Sunroom and lots of excuses

Explore video interviews
Georgia Sunrooms is owned and operated by Kirk Blackmon of Griffin, Ga. This project has been one long headache for us. Mr. Blackmon takes alot of money up front ($16k from us) and then the project sits months with little to no work done. We signed a contract on June 3, 2019 and now on Oct 9, 2019 we probably have 30-40% work completed. We have an open gap with no windows 12 feet off the ground and a plywood covered floor exposed to weather. Two crews have disappeared so far. He sends us pictures of allegedly purchased supplies, but then won't deliver them. The excuses for delays he has used for with us and other customers are he is sick, the crew is sick, the crew's family is sick or their truck broke down. Some of these have been used multiple times.

I created this email account for you to contact me. I will delete it in a day or so. malikhi135@***.com

Thank you for your post about Georgia Sunroom, you are NOT alone. There are many of us out here that have lost large sums of money, sustained major damages to our homes and taken him to court.

He has a good sales pitch, He talks about a fantastic sunroom custom designed for Clark Howards sister, and has volumes of beautiful pictures of sunrooms. A website that talks about his engineers, crews and expertise and how he is fully Licensed, bonded and insured...all are totally fabricated. He disarms people during his pitch when he talks about the charity he runs because he is still so heart broken from loosing his dog to cancer. He shows them the pictures of his new dog and all the work they do to raise money for canine cancer research.

We would not be writing these reviews if he made things right. He owes people 100s of thousands of dollars in judgements. Thats just the ones who could afford to pursue him and get though the civil court process. He never shows up for court either, aways an excuse, contiunance or last minute doctors note while you are already in court waiting, this is his constant .

The best thing to do without spending alot of money is get all the public court records you can to show his intent to defraud. You can go after him in criminal court on a (Theft by Conversion of Payments for Property Improvements ) and several other charges. Go to your local law enforcement agency sherif or police dept and file charges, they should take it to your District Attorney. He was arrested in Spalding County April 2019, and he was arrested in Coweta County Nov 5, 2019.

Trial dates have not been set yet, hopefully the beginning of 2020. The more people that move forward to get him charged the better. Secretary of States office should also be contacted so they know he is still operating and using these deceptive practices. Investigator Hernandiaz with the SOS dept.

did the last Investigation. The Spaulding County Courts have many cases that can be downloaded of people who have cases pending and judgements against him. These will help get law enforcements attention showing his intent to defraud you. He actually has a Voluntary Cease and Desist Order from the Secretary of States Office for his business and a Court ordered Cease and Desist Order on the charity he runs Hayleys Helpers.

Also, other lawsuits are listed on line. Google Kirk Drew Blackmon, information is finally starting to be on the internet like yours and those of us who have banded together to say enough is enough. This is no Southern Gentleman,who made a mistake and got in over his head, this is years and years of practiced calculated plans to part us from our hard earned money. I have no way to contact you through this site, that I know of I would love to talk to you further.

Sorry, about the haters comments. A summary would not have been read as much as this video will be viewed. I appreciate your sincerity and addressing problems with contractors getting away with this behavior. This needs to be address by the State and local law enforcement.

We all need to speak up. Some laws need to be tightened up to protect our geogia citizens from this kind of abuse. Mr Blackmon seems to like to prey on Senior Citizens, Women, Retirees and Veterans.

Most can not make up for those losses, plus fix the damage to their homes, pay back loans for the construction project and pursue him in a civil suit. Thank you for your post

@Malikhi

At the earliest opportunity we will contact Pissed Consumer and see if we can get you our contact info. We'd welcome working with you. Thanks for your comment.

@PissedConsumer1797878

Hi I hope we can get each others info. I just do not know how without posting it on the web.

I hope pissed consumer with give you my email address or let you know how we can private message.

I welcome you to contact me, there are a lot of folks in your same situation. Hope to hear from you soon

@Malikhi

Pissed Consumer will not give out any private info........we checked. Most likely the only way for contact is if one of the victims has an attorney. The contact most likely could then be made via such attorney, unless you have some other ideas.

Time to serve the summons.

It doesn't help your case to show yourselves on video. I would rather read a properly prepared short summary.

People can find others unappealing for no apparent reason when (familiarity breeds contempt) they see them. You folks irritate me for no logical reason other than I don't like your looks.

View more comments (6)
Featured
ID
Service
Georgia Sunroom Sunroom Installation
Pros
  • Nice pictures on line
Reason of review