Been the worst experience EVER

told them I wanted my mom to have a hearing test the girl held up a sheet of paper and told us that she needed speech retraining because her hearing aid was not good enuf .then they called a week later to schedule a hearing test that she was due I said that was what she was there for 2 weeks ago so we went again the audiologist said her ear had wax and infection so bad she didn't want to do the hearing test. took her to her doctor to look at ear he said to fire her audiologist. there was no wax . my mom is 97 and it is not easy to get her around and these people refuse to help her hear unless they can make her buy a new hearing aid.SHAME on these people !!!!!!!
Oak Park, Michigan
Poor customer service

George Iwanow Hearing Aid Center Review from Hyattsville, Maryland

I've never had a problem going to Iwanows Hearing Aid centers and I've been going there ever since I was 2-3 years old! I'm 51 now and just love the places I go to. I especially admire Russell there, he knows his job and is very compassionate. If I had any type of problem, he always helped me out. I will continue to go there as long as they're around. I am always looking and hoping they come out with a "strong" hearing aid since I am not fit for the in the ear kind due to the severity of my hearing loss and I'm always willing to try the next best thing! They never let me down and are pretty good at their services. I love it when they have specials on their batteries too since the ones in the store are ridiculously high! Thanks for your GREAT service!!!
Hyattsville, Maryland
Good customer service

Not to be trusted.

Iwanow Hearing Aid Center is the definition of "Bait and Switch". They draw you in with a low advertised price, hard sell you the most expensive hearing aids, then do not allow you to return them if they don't work out. Their employees never seem happy to be there and are always looking for better places to work. This speaks volumes to me! I took a tour of the office one day, courtesy of one of the hearing aid professionals, and in the back room is a large poster that read "Poverty Sucks". That tells me more about Iwanow Hearing Aid Center than I ever wanted to know. I would never recommend this business to anyone.

I find this to be completely untrue, at least at the office I went to, everyone was very friendly and professional. They explained the difference between the lower level and top level and I chose the better hearing aid.

I was also given a 60 days to return them if I wasn't happy. I am still under my 60 days but I love the aids and would recommend them to anyone.

@PissedConsumer1058569

Good luck returning them! We are out $5,300.

We were not allowed to return the new hearing aides within the free 60-day trial period!

Shameful taking advantage of the elderly! Taking them to court and contacting Channel 4 Action News Consumer Complaint!

#1482063
@PissedConsumer1066355

Completely untrue! The company has a 60-day 100% money back guarantee, which is in writing and does not have any hidden cost or exceptions.

I suddenly faced financial problems and had to return hearing aids that I loved.

I received a refund without any problems, my insurance was refunded as well the same day. In year I bought hearing aids again from the same company and I’m very happy with my aids and my doctor!

View more comments (2)
Detroit, Michigan
Not as described/ advertised
Loss

Holding Hearing Aid Hostage;

I purchased hearing aids for both my ears in 2008 to the cost of $4000.00 from George Iwanow Hearing Center, in Livonia, Michigana.I have a warranty for 5 years of repair and or replacement.Well shortly(3 months) after getting my aids. The right ear's aid cracked right in the middle,better yet *** appeared in it, so it was replaced without any fanfare.In July 2011 my left ear's aid had a big hole to develope right in the middle as the right ear' aid did.I couldn't wear it so I put it in it's case fro about 3 days until I could get it to the George Iwanow Center.When I got it there it had broken in half from where the hole was.Now they want me to get a notarized statement stating that it was broke.Well, they said it was the manufactures policy,when I called the manufacturer they said they had no such policy.Then George Iwano changed their tuen and said it was their policy.I explained that why should I write a letter and get it notarized, when I have a warranty and had done nothing to this aid except wear it.And that is was bad workmanship, that they should be concerned about this matter.I have filed with the BBB and my Atty. General's Office.I got the same reply from them through the BBB NOW I AM WAITING ON AN ANSWER FROM THE ATTY. GENERAL' OFFICE.aLL i WANTED WAS MY HEARING AID RETURNED TO ME SINCE i PAID FOR IT.i WILL NEVER GO TO THEM AGAIN.i AM TRYING TO LOCATE THE ACTUAL OWNER MR.GEORGE IWANOW; NOT HIS STORE MANAGER.IF ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW HOW I CAN LOCATE HIM PLEASE WRITE ME BACK.

I agree with you comments. My father tried a new pair for a 60 day free trial period and they will not give my father his money back and it is within the 60 day trial period!

He has since passed away is the family is out $5,300! Contacted Channel 4 Actions News Consumer Complaint.

He's a complete ***, brags that he's rich, needles to say he is NOT rich when it comes to people, only things. I hate to think how he got rich, i'm sure it was by being dishonest.He fires everyone, thinks he is better than anyone, he makes jokes about the poor people.

I worked for him and he knows how i feel about him.

I hope Karma pays him a visit if they haven't already.

@PissedConsumer668389

I feel exactly about George Iwano as you do. But Iwano why he treats everyone so terrible? I think because all that money makes him miserable lol

George Iwanow Hearing Aid Centers Inc in Boca Raton, Florida

Single Location

Address: 261 W Alexander Palm Rd, Boca Raton, FL, 33432-****

@PissedConsumer645195

thank you for the information for george iwanow

George Iwanow is my friend's grandfather and he lives in Florida so you're probably never going to talk to him.

@PissedConsumer594937

TO CMC; I WAS GOING TO ASK YOU TO ASK YOUR DAD TO GET IN TOUCH FOR ME. BUT, I HAVE GEORGE IWANOW'S PHONE NUMBER AND ADDRESS IN BOCA RATON,FL. NO ONE CAN HIDE BECAUSE THEY ARE RICH.SO THANKS ANYWAY I DON'T NEED YOUR DAD AFTER ALL.

View more comments (6)
Southfield, Michigan

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article