GeoArm Security Services Reviews

Show reviews that mention
alarm monitoring geoarm customer care service monitoring services monitoring services alarm problem guys working
Filter review

Their Cancellation Process Sucks!

These folks are snakes. They have the most onerous means of cancelling service. They require you to submit a Cancellation Form online. After filling out the form, the Submit button changes to "Please wait ..." indefinitely. You have no idea if service has been cancelled. Their billing department has to decide if you can cancel or not. If they decide that it's not the right time for you to cancel, they will bill you again the following month & claim that you'd not given them 30 day notice in order to cancel. And they will charge you again & demand payment.
ID
Cons
  • Onerous cancellation process
Reason of review
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
Price reduction

GeoArm Security Services - Service Transfer Review from Cincinnati, Ohio

I had a very good experience with Geoarm last month in transferring monitoring service on my Honeywell 21IP panel. I use total connect automation and video as well. We had a problem with the virtual keypad address which technician could not resolve and he got Honeywell on conference call and we resolved the issue in 10 minutes. They seem to be a very good value to me instead of getting gouged by my local monitoring company.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Service
Geoarm Security Services Service Transfer
Reason of review
Good quality

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY

GeoArm is a joke. They're a bunch of guys working out a garage pretending to offer professional alarm monitoring services. There "technician" Ralph is unprofessional and crude. Don't fall for their online scam for cheap alarm monitoring. I've reported them to the FTC for fraud. GeoArm is a joke. They're a bunch of guys working out a garage pretending to offer professional alarm monitoring services. There "technician" Ralph is unprofessional and crude. Don't fall for their online scam for cheap alarm monitoring. I've reported them to the FTC for fraud. GeoArm is a joke. They're a bunch of guys working out a garage pretending to offer professional alarm monitoring services. There "technician" Ralph is unprofessional and crude. Don't fall for their online scam for cheap alarm monitoring. I've reported them to the FTC for fraud.

Well it has been 2 years and No Problems at all....

Their monitoring center is UL listed as it is required by law, so if they got licensed for a garage they still need to meet requirements for being a UL listed monitoring center. I am checking into their services currently and they use All American (company name) for their contracted monitoring center.Checked online and All American monitoring is located at 1301 Sarasota Center Blvd, Sarasota, FL 34240 and looks like a legitimate business to me on Google maps, Not a Garage...LOL

@PissedConsumer1514370

B.Hush Customer for 2 Years so far... No Problems at all, I would recommend GeoArm services

I have used GeoArm at three separate residences: GE NX-8, Honeywell Lynx and recently the Honeywell Lyric. Over 5 years the technicians have always been top notch.

The company sells to DIYer's.

They go out of their way to accomodate individuals who do not have any experience putting a security system together. Nevertheless, someone doing business with GeoArm will need to understand that they will need to do some work.

If someone is not wanting to do any work, they should go to a local full service security company.

THESE GUYS HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB FOR US IN INDIANA FROM FLORDIA AND WE HAVE A LOT OF STORES THEY MONITOR SO FOR THEM TO HAVE IT OUT OF A GARAGE IS HARD FOR ME TO BELIEVE

"They're a bunch of guys working out a garage pretending to offer professional alarm monitoring services."

How do you know this ??? This concerns me as i recently signed on.....

View more comments (5)
Harwich, Massachusetts

Phone problems

I tried to contact GeoArm by phone to ask a question about their services (I am not a customer yet). I was not able to talk to a human being and the two times I called I was cut off by their automatic phone answering system. The first time I tried to talk to customer service, the second time sales. If I did own any of their equipment and was having a problem, that would have been even more frustrating. That's not good for business! Another thing I don't like is that you have to enter at least 100 words in order to submit a complaint. No brevity here!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Great Alarm Monitoring Company!!!

I had a wonderful experience with GeoArm Security. They have really impressed me with their expertise and transparency throughout signing up and taking over my alarm monitoring services. I would recommend them to everyone. Save your money with GeoArm! They post their contract online and do not have high-pressure door to door sales techniques. Likewise they offer 3 years, 1 year and unheard of Month to Month plans, which DO NOT TRAP you into a contract. You can sign up for the appropriate plan and cancel anytime. No Social Security Numbers or Credit Checks! I would not be surprised if ADT or a big player pays some big bucks to buy this new age company.

You are totally right, GeoArm is a superior alarm company. I have had them for awhile and its hard to be more transparent than GeoArm.

ALL PRICING IS POSTED ONLINE, INCLUDING THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS for any plan you may want to sign up for.

If you dont want a contract for a term, SIGN UP MONTH TO MONTH!!!! (I Laugh at Ignorant People.)

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

GEOARM- Company trapped me into their ridiculous contract agreement

Dont ever buy any product or services from this company. They dont state in their terms and conditions that once they activate their security service, the customer is locked into a contract and then you will have to keep paying them the rest of the term even if you are not satisfied with their services or products.This is a catch and the customer dont have any other option other than to listen to the *** from the customer care thieves. Their 'customer care' works 9 to 5pm only Monday to Friday eastern time and your security system should have problems only at this time and days, or else you are on your own to sort out the problem. Technical support is only till 3pm after that you dont have any technical assistance. So how can a home security company work only during week day eastern time office hours is only left to the customers imagination. In case you need some technical support you will have to sit at home at a date and time given by them, usually a week or so from the day you report the problem to the 'customer care'. So its fun dealing with Geoarm and its horrible customer care. I did purchase a cellular alarm monitoring device from this company for 200;.00 and they did not mention in their terms and conditions that the contract comes into force once they activate their service and as I was unsatisfied with their service I did ask them to cancel their service and that time they told me that the contract started and that I will have to suffer their service and customer care for another year?. The guy I talked to the first time had told me that they will charge me flat 25;.00$ per month and when I looked at the credit card statement, they did charge me 30..00$ for the first month'. Then I asked about the cancellation and I did return their cellular adaptor for discounted price and I had to pay 75% of the whole year service fee plus the added trouble of dealing with the crooks at the customer care to end this whole stressful ordeal'. So any body looking for home security, pls try to avoid this bunch of thieves sitting in west palm beach, florida;.

I most certainly agree stay away from these people alarm Club otherwise known as Geo alarm.. West Palm Beach ..disgusting service.

liars.. rude and insulting.

It is like dealing with a bunch of guys working out of a garage.. they schedule your appointments so that you cancel all yours to wait at home all day for them they don't show up never call ...you good luck with that..

STAY CLEAR OF THIS BAD DEAL, BAD PEOPLE, BAD COMPANY.

I was *** and purchased a system & 3 years of monitoring.

I for whatever reason did not come across the negitive reviews until after when i started having a bad feeling about this company & researched them further. Now the email links on there site are shut off, & i cant get anyone to issue a receipt for the money paid for monitoring.

SHADY SHADY SHADY COMPANY.

Not sure what to do at this point, so planning a trip down for some face to face.

#662084

I saw the East Coast liability too, but that is my choice, they are VERY good communicators about most things. I am waiting to be set up, if it goes painful, I'll look on. :)

Could not find out how to get quick service until I signed up and I am not sure of what some of their offerings really are, but they are not guilty of the sins I've read here, so far.

@PissedConsumer662084

Good luck!!!

Totally agree. I am in the middle of dealing with them now and my system needs technical support.

You can't get anyone on the line without an appointment. And, the sales person patronizes you for wanting support on the spot. They have a tech option on the phone but nobody is there to answer. Also, if you call sales (option2) the system hangs up on you.

No operator either. Your are stuck and need to email or use a form on their site. We scheduled a call and the tech called an hour early. When I called them at the correct time I was told I missed the appointment.

So my system still does not work and I am stuck with their contract.

It seems to me that there are 2-3 people in the office there and the hours of availability are so limited you need to work around their schedule. I want out and I want a professional firm to do business with.

This post is ridiculous. Geoarm offers 3 years, 1 year and month to month contracts.

So, this post is spam.

The customer chooses their term and is locked into the term the choose (obviously). Lol.

View more comments (5)
Lubbock, Texas
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article