General Brokerage Agency Insurance Review

I just got a policy from rebecca simmers and gave them my information to get the payment out of my account. Is she real and the insurance policy. Please tell me. Thanks.
Chicago, Illinois

Other Product Review

I am an individual who mentioned in a text that i was picking up a dear friend's remains and suddenly they are spamming my texts with leads for final expense agents!! Big brother. How underhanded and inappropriate. Wish i knew how they did this!!! My husband sells insurance and we would NEVER work with a company like this!!!
Tavares, Florida
Reason of review
Poor customer service

They promised me appointments and never called me back

I spoke with jason, nice guy who talked a good game. Everything sounded good. I submitted my contracting and they never picked up my call again. When i finally got through holly told me the position was filled and hung up on me. When i called back to get a release they ignored me. Not good business its BS this agency. I dont recommend doing any business with them, they will waste your time. Just like they wasted mine. It looks attractive but, it is not what it seems. I dont appreciate being taken for a fool. AGENT BEWARE ! !

They won't answer the phone or texts...I made the mistake of contracting with them.The free leads were trash...When I asked for a release they would not respond. Beware...

Does NOT make sense are you sure that they distanced themselves from you due to an unsavory background check? hmmm :?

View more comments (1)
ID
#472073 Review #472073 is a subjective opinion of poster.

I was hired to sell life insurance and was ripped off

if anyone works for General Brokerage or is thinking about it DO NOT! They are a rip off I was promised that if I quit my job that they would take care of me and all would be well! They are a bunch of liars I quit my job we sold several policies for them and never saw a dime . They give free leads to reel you then the first ones are great but then the following ones are *** as ***!!! We made them money and now they DO NOT wanna pay us.So think really hard b4 you go with this scam of a company

to the ppl with negative comments about gba, I have no idea what u r talking about. I worked for them in Philadelphia and made a killing.

the leads were as good as you make them.

when u call the leads you have got to remember that these ppl r old and sometimes don't remember making the inquiry about the insurance, but those who do make appointments.

if I had 7 appointments I usually made 6 sales. and of course u r going to get no shows. it is the nature of the business we do.

it was so easy to make money with this company it was ridiculous.

I was clearing 2k a week in commissions. if u cant make money with this company, its not bcuz their leads didn't work, trust me its u.

@PissedConsumer870419

Been trying to get a hold of the company. No response.

You say that you worked (past tense) for them. Why did you leave?

And one more thing, i wish they were up front. Instead i tried to trust them because it sounded great.

If is sounds to good to be true it normally is.

I refuse to get taking advantage of and work for peanuts. Find some other fool.

Ha what a joke. The appointments that were given to me no showed me or had no idea why i was knocking at their door.

Cant make a living with their program.

They strung me along. NOT COOL!

GBA are LIARS , i would not trust them. They are very greedy!

Cut throat, dont plan on staying to long!! You will see if you dare.

i have been with GBA for a 1.5 years now and they are fine. I have had my ups and downs with Jason but over all I would say he is a very decent man. I would say GBA is better than most

:) I just joined General Brokerage Agency. I cant say enough great things about them.

Ive been in insurance for about two months now, was with Bankers Life, just spun my wheels with them, was their number one agent of their training class, what a joke, they hire anyone with a pulse. With GBA, I dont pay for leads, I set appts with people who have a need, can afford it and want the product. First day, sold, second day out in the field, sold, and not just me, everyone else in our training class sold as well. In his defense, Jason is simply awesome, responsive, helpful and just a great guy.

I am so grateful for the opportunity. After Bankers, I joined SFG, paid $26 for so called A leads, wasted $320 I just dont have. GBA is awesome, proves that there is money to be made in insurance after all.

Really glad I found them and fyi, this posting is for real. Today was just my second day out in the field.

@PissedConsumer715030

I just joined SFG myself, and have sold a few policies for them and like them, but $400+ per week on leads is hard to handle just starting out. Other than the lead thing would you say SFG and GBA are comparable? Thanks for your input!

@PissedConsumer715969

Well, I think if you are looking for immediate cash flow, GBA is the way to go. With SFG you even pay for old leads, anywhere from $1-$4, and with SFG for the so called A leads you end up paying $26 per lead, whereas with GBA, A leads, old leads, all free.

Do the math. :)

I like everyone at SFG, dont get me wrong, they are a credible organization, but that is a hard pill to swallow, when u purchase leads for $320 and it doesnt pay out, $400 doesnt but you very many A leads.

I have been with GBA for about a year now and have to say that there are a few things wrong with the above comment. First, GBA does NOT pay us the insurance companies do.

Secondly, if we do not turn our applications in properly, then yes we will not be paid.

I am a loyal agent to them and they are loyal to me. Thank you to GBA for everything you have done for myself and my family in the past year.

View more comments (17)
Washington, District Of Columbia
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article