Junior Reviewer

Gene Gorman A/S do NOT want repeat customers

I purchased a Suburban from Gene Gorman Auto Sales 3 years ago and purchases an Express 3500 from them 2 years ago. I still have both trucks, I was treated very fair. I have sent several people (Friends and Family) to see them. My 18 year old son got his 1st job and I took him to Gene Gorman's to get a car and since he did not have established credit yet, we went thru their "Buy Here-Pay Here" finance program. I was thinking this would be helpful to my son. Gene Gorman's Buy Here-Pay Here does not allow monthly payments, only Bi-Weekly. They require payments to be made with a credit card. Although I was uncomfortable with this, they had my Mastercard credit card # on file. After a few payments with them entering my M/C C.C. # manually, they had an issues running the card. I was confused and gave them an alternate Visa Card. What these un-ethical crooks were doing was they would attempt to run a card on Monday, they would not call me until Thursday to say they had an issue. Only after they added a late fee. And for some reason they would not try the secondary card I gave them. So I would run a check over to the dealership. It turns out my M/C company was suspecting fraudulent activity and was not accepting the card # being out into a machine manually. I asked a couple of times when they knew there was an issue. I was told that they knew on Mondays. but only needed to contact me after the late fee was added. When the card was open, had plenty of room for the payment and they still had an issue. An ethical company would contact you the day it happened and look for a reason. Not continue to take advantage and when I did complain I was sent a letter threatening to make a negative report against my sons credit. This situation would be different if I had given them a bad card or did not have the ability to pay, but purposely waiting until it was late before telling me their was an issue. I now have my son take them a check every 2 weeks. Once I confirmed with my C.C. company what the issue was, I no longer allow Gene Gorman to make attempts using my C.C. I spoke with Eugene Gorman ans he offered to remove all of the late fees. When I talked to the salesman and told him I had spoke with Mr. Gorman, He spoke with the Sales Manager and I was told that the only thing they were willing to do is for me to return the car and have it go on my sons credit as a Repo.
ID
Punta Gorda, Florida
Service
Gene Gormans Auto Sales Customer Care
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article