Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Gate1travel in Sebastian, Florida - Terrible Service

My wife and I took a tour to Costa Rica, The Hotels they put us in were terrible: dirt, unsafe and pool was green, bed experience, I try to open one window and almust broke my fingers the top slammed down, it portion was held up by a piece of wood stick, I try the second window and the same think happen, once home I emailed a complain to the main office never got a respond, obviously they don't check the hotel they put their costumers in they only look at what they pay for it, I understand that a Company has to make money but please do it with respect to others!! This was my second tour with Gate1 and my last one.

Can you please tell me which hotels you used that were unsuitable? 3 friends and I are going to Costa Rica in April on a trip booked thru Gate 1.

I would prefer no unpleasant surprises. Thanks so much!

Gate1Travel

We are certainly concerned by your comments and unfortunately, as we have not received similar feedback, it may be the case we did not receive your email. Please don't hesitate to contact us via phone or email to provide us with your reservation details and we will be happy to review your concerns further.

Review
Cons
  • Poor customer service

Gate1travel in Murfreesboro, Tennessee - Very Disappointing Rhine River Cruise

1.4
We went on MS Sound of Music 8 day Rhine River Cruise sponsored by Gate 1. River was high so river boats could not go through the locks. The boat stayed stationary and we were bussed to and from our points of interest most days. Mid way through the trip we were transferred to hotels and bussed to destinations further down the river. We slept in 6 different beds, unpacked just as many times. Our riverboat experience became a tour bus land tour. Gate 1 customer service offered us $100 toward future travel. No refund or discomfort compensation. Tried to reach out to management, but we never heard back. We are extremely disappointed our hard earned vacation days were spent on a Gate 1 bus.

I will be taking this same tour this summer. I read all the information offered on Gate 1's site, and it clearly describes the high river circumstance, which is certainly an act of nature which affects all river cruises, not just Gate 1. Though I understand this reviewer's disappointment, they did disclose how they deal with river conditions if/when it occurs.

Is this the same post as the one posted on June 11, 2015? One of the main reasons for selecting a river cruise over the motorcoach+hotels option is the convenience of not packing and repacking.

That convenience is significant and may be the only reason a person chooses a river cruise to a land tour. I would love to hear why Gate 1 boats are unable to navigate during high waters and if Viking, Avalon and Uniworld have the same issue.

I've asked Viking the question and will post their answer when I receive it.

Review
Cons
  • River boat cruise refund policy
Tags
  • Gate 1
  • Gate One
  • Ms Sound Of Music

Gate1travel in Washington, District Of Columbia - Disaster

You call this customer service? Just finished a "Rhine River cruise" with Gate1. This company can probably operate quite efficiently if nothing goes wrong with the set itinerary. Unfortunately, this was not the case as the boat never sailed for one minute due to high waters on the river. What we ended up with was a bus tour of the Rhine. Okay, so stuff happens over which you have no control (the weather). What galls me is Gate1's attitude which boiled down to you took a chance on our cruise, it didn't turn out right, so tough luck (and by the way, customer) read the small print in your contract). Upon returning from the trip I contacted Gate1 to inquire about compensation for customers who booked a river cruise and received a bus tour instead. What I got was an email whining about how much of an inconvience and expense this was for Gate1 and how I should be thankful that the alternative arrangements came at no extra charge to me. I was flabbergasted by this callous response. Come on Gate1, you can do better than that. Needless to say, I can't recommend this company to anyone.

Is Gate1 kidding? They certainly know that a bus tour is not the same as a river cruise.

If they truly think it is comparable, why don't they advertise a "bus tour" of the Rhine and see how much they can charge and how many want to go - a lot less I would think.

For Gate 1 to say a bus trip is comparable to a river cruise is like saying going to a great restaurant and being told that eating in the parking lot on a plastic table with plastic forks lot is the same; or that taking the bus is the equivalent to flying; or that watching a high school play is comparable to going to the Metropolitan Opera. While this is an "alternative service," it is not comparable.

The company should have borne the cost of high the water problems. At the very least, they should have given people a credit for the money they spent on a "river cruise" to be used at a later date.

Gate1Travel

It was the case that we were unable to sail due to the high water, however we did our very best to provide you with alternate services

that were comparable to your original itinerary. With that said, we do apologize for any unhappiness with our response.

@Gate1Travel

How did Viking, Avalon and Uniworld handle the high river situation?

View more comments (2)
$2000

Gate1travel in Metropolitan City Of Rome, Lazio - As usaul, bad service from the staff and owner of gate 1.

2.0
The booking price for a trip we planed to the Italy was almost twice the price as originally offered. Then when gate 1 's agent sent us the hotel information with prices per hotel the much prices were higher than the actual website of the hotels. Also, some of the hotels were advertised as 5 stars, but some were only 3 or 4! After the trip when I explained the issues I was told by the owner Dani that everything is explained in depth in the itinerary sheet, which it wasnt! It seems like Dani cares more about maximizing profits than providing proper customer service! We will never travel with this company again! Rabbi Jonathan Cohen.
Gate1Travel

Please know that we work hard to provide as much information as possible on our website so our clients can have the most complete information prior to making their travel plans. You are also always welcome to research these hotels and their reviews on your own in order to give you a better understanding of the type of accommodations they are as well as their location. With that said, we certainly regret any disappointment in the services you were provided.

Review
Cons
  • Poor customer service
Not as described/ advertised

Gate1travel - Gate One Travel is a non customer-centric company

I took a trip booked by Gate One. I had a number of issues of which Gate One was less than helpful. First I missed my optional tour because of a missed flight booked by Gate One. My luggage was also 3 days late arriving and I had to do all the leg work myself. I was provided no refund for the tour or the missed hotel night. The staff at Gate one simply took no accountability or responsibility for any of the issues and in fact didn't even offer a measly credit. They are simply good at pointing figure and will not connect you will management. In fact you won’t even find their corporate number or email address on the web.

Did you purchase trip insurance?

Gate1Travel

We have been in contact with this client directly to review their concerns.

@Gate1Travel

Gate 1 - please tell us how this was resolved. Were you totally at fault as customer said? I am about to book a trip w you and opportunity to be in the same boat as this customer is possible!?

View more comments (2)
Full refund
5.0
Don't know where all these bad reviews are coming from! People, you need to remember that flight schedule changes are not the fault of Gate 1. I am from Canada and in May of last year my husband and I booked a 14 day trip to Italy with Gate 1. We had never been to...
Good customer service
Over the last 10 years I have taken 7 tours with Gate 1 and spending thousands of $$$ with the company. Last week (4/15) I tried to book a trip to Iceland with Gate 1 and was having trouble logging into my account, so I contacted a customer service rep. and was told...

I had a complaint about Merrill Lynch and they told me to remove my account. so, much for goof balls.

View more comments
Review
Cons
  • Poor customer service
AN EXPLANATION

Gate1travel - Vacation Tours Review from Rumson, New Jersey

When I toured with gate1 We had to get up super early to catch the train to Machu Pichu...then we had to take a bus and then we climbed up to the sight and yes we also got about 3 hours of time up there which was entirely spend by our fantastic tour guide Edgar ...explaining everything you ever wanted to know about this site while taking us around...he had a helped I remember who climbed higher up with us "younger" ones in the group and then he took over with his knowledge about the site...I can not imagine why one needs more time then 3 hours at this site...it was a very active day consummed by time to get to and from...I am usually one of the younger people who travels with Gate1 ...I would rather complain that gate1 drags you to the shops to buy..carpets..jade and God only knows what else and the time you spend there is amazingly looking...I have friends who travel with more expensive agencies and they even got less time then Gate1 gives... There is only so much time in a day and again if you look back...getting up at 3:30 am on that day ...not coming back to the hotel till very late..3 hours was plenty time!
Bad quality

Gate1travel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Reservation830564 a nightmare

I have used gate 1 several times and have been very happy. In fact I have recommended several friends who are now using Gate 1. My wife and I are in our 80s and were looking forward to our dream vacation to Athens (above reservation). Our dream vacation has become a nightmare before it even began. We booked last October and have paid in full. When I received my documents we noticed our flights have been rescheduled (no prior notification) This resulted in a 5 hour earlier departure to Philadelphia with a 6 hour layover in Philadelphia which meant a 26 hour trip on the first delay. Our rep (Norman Gray) has a full voicemail. Another rep Lee Rosenberg resolved a better flight. My supplement airfare ($342) was to be recharged on our new credit card and refunded on our old card which does not exist anymore. Instead we are charged $3,422. on our new card and refunded on a card that does not exist anymore. we are extremely stressed and are no longer happy with Gate 1 and will no longer use or recommend. Max Blank 954-741-6412 mxblank@yahoo.com
Gate1Travel

We certainly regret any unhappiness with the schedule change imposed by the airline. We are glad that our staff was able to find a more suitable schedule for you.

Please know that a full refund was processed to the credit card used to purchase your original flights and the new charge was placed on the credit card that you provided. It appears that this has been reviewed with you with one of our agents however should you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us to speak with a supervisor.

So even though you like Gate 1 and have used them, one problem - not of their making - means you will never use them again. One would think that getting older would make you more forgiving and less rigid about the foibles of life.

Gate 1 is not an airline: it sells airline tickets. All airlines change schedules up until about the last 30 days before travel in order to move planes, crews and passengers around to maximize use of their planes and satisfy the most people. When you make reservations 6 months or more in advance, it is not unforeseeable that a schedule change will occur. Thus it is not Gate 1's fault the schedule changed.

While your agent was not available, any agent could and did handle it for you.

The last problem was created by you and your situation. You charged the ticket on a credit card that a) was about to renew, b) that you chose to cancel or c) that was cancelled due to problems with YOUR CREDIT CARD. This has nothing to do with Gate 1.

Its not fair to blame Gate 1 for doing exactly what you agreed they could do with refunds: "Refunds are processed to the credit card(s) originally used for payment..."

What you need to do is contact the issuer of the card that is now closed and ask the to help correct YOUR PROBLEM WITH YOUR OLD CREDIT CARD.

This will work out in the end and the guided tours and vacations look great on the website. JrOrlando.

Gate1travel in Sacramento, California - Gate 1 Horrible Experience

1.3
Terrible company. They take no responsibility for any issues!! Booked on terrible flights. Missed main tour do to delays getting to destination. No one to meet me at the airport. Luggage showed up 2 days late. Excessive number of people on tour (40). Others on the trip agreed that this was a bad trip . I was charged single supplement yet other singles weren't. I took this trip thinking it would be nice to be able to sit back and relax not having to think or worry about anything and let Gate 1 do the work. Not so!! I spent more of my time tracking down luggage, trying to get a hold of staff, trying to figure out what the guides were trying to say, etc. Last year I took a trip on my own, no Gate 1 and it was so much more relaxing and enjoyable than this trip with Gate 1 not to mention far less cost. Have other trip booked with Gate 1 but I'm canceling it.

While the trip was shadowed by the initial events that occurred, I believe Gate 1 has made a reasonable effort to resolve the issue.

Gate1Travel

We certainly regret hearing the difficulties that you experienced with your flights. Unfortunately, flight delays are out of the control of Gate 1.

If you purchased travel protection we would recommend that you file a claim with your insurance carrier for any missed services or additional expenses incurred due to the delays. Otherwise you may want to consider filing a claim with the airline directly for all of the issues that you experienced due to the delay.

In regards to the single supplement, I can assure you that this is included for all single travelers.

We are sorry if there was any misunderstanding.

Reason of review
Poor service and not taking responsibility to refund the cost of my losses
Price reduction