In my home less than 10 minutes

Called and requested service (because their stickers are all over the plumbing in my basement). Gave them my cc number so they would come out. Two days later the technician was in my house less than 10 minutes saying "there is nothing I can do". Then 15 minutes later (that 15 spent in his truck getting me a quote for pipe insulation) I got a $2k quote for something my husband ended up doing for less than $100. When it came time for me to sign the service receipt they were trying to charge me $125. I said "no you didn't even do anything". Technician got his boss on the phone 10 minutes later and his boss was going on about insurance costs of the plumbing truck. I didn't sign anything. I wasn't paying $125 for 5 minutes. Then fast forward one month and what charge appears on my credit card but one from this company. Scammers!!
ID
Johnsburg, Illinois
Service
Garrelts And Sons Plumbing Service
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Plumber RIP OFF

I had a problem with my tub faucet single handle type. The handle would not travel all the way to hot. I called Garrelts & sons to have a plumber give me a free estimate to fix the faucet. He wanted to rebuild the faucet & charge me $371.47. I said no & called his office to complaign. I called 2 guys and a gal plumbing for an estimate to fix the faucet. The estimate $137.00, I asked for a discount now its $100.00. They fixed it in 2 minutes. *** Garrelts they are ripoffs. DON'T USE GARRLETS & SONS THEY SUCK RIPOFFS

I would have paid extra money to have the former plumbers do the job. If you knew what I do, about 2 guys and a gal plumbing, or , especially the owner, Janet, you wouldn't be so quick to comment, for that simple repair.

Two fof the most trusted plumbing contractors in Lake County can tell you differently. So can 2 local Gurnee businesses.

So, you saved money, and got lucky, but next time, maybe you should check out real facts, about who you are dealing with, you might be shocked. Robert from Gurnee

ID
Elmhurst, Illinois

About

GARRELTS and SONS Privacy Policy
To read more: http://www.garreltsplumbing.com/privacy_statement.html
Top GARRELTS and SONS Services

Plumbing Service

Summary

GARRELTS and SONS is intended to satisfy plumbing, heating, cooling, water treatment and sewer needs of its clients. The company also provides remodeling services: kitchens, bathrooms and basements; and general contracting just licensed plumbers are involved. It offers residential, commercial, and industries services. GARRELTS and SONS provides the same day service as well as emergency plumbing services 24 hours per day 7 days per week. Being based in Johnsburg, IL, the company is serving McHenry, Lake and Kane counties. It has been on the market for over 40 years.

GARRELTS and SONS reviews and complaints

GARRELTS and SONS is ranked 244 out of 890 in Household Services category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article