Rude store employees

A male employee with a strong Central Asia accent was extremely rude at the Naperville location. When I asked him to show me the store policy he said whatever he said was the store policy. Really? No kidding! He claimed he was the owner. What a owner!

User's recommendation: Be careful with the food QUALITY, not the low prices.

Lisle, Illinois
Apology

Verified Reviewer

Rude cashier "Freddie"

Update by user May 11, 2020

I asked "Freddie" several times to keep his voice down - in order not to create a scene. Every time I did so, his voice got louder.

He also told me.

"You don't hear good". That was when I decided to leave and contact you instead.

Original review posted by user May 10, 2020
In the 10+years I have shopped at your Mundelein (400 E Townline Rd) store, I have never been subjected to the kind of rude treatment I got at 11:04 am on Saturday, May 9, 2020, from your cashier (who gave me his name as "Freddie"; the receipt shows "ZOE"). I went through his register with a few produce items. He didn't;'t seem to know the names of some items, and kept asking the adjacent cashier. As I couldn't recognize one of the items I was charged for, I asked what the item was. "Freddie" raised his voice and said the name which I couldn't understand. When I asked again, he pulled the item from the bag and waved it in front of my eyes, again talking loudly. When I asked for his name, he shouted it out again, and asked if I would like his or the corporate phone No. When I said "No", and was leaving, he shouted behind me in a sarcastic tone, "Have a nice day". He just created an unnecessary scene.

User's recommendation: People like "Freddie" are not suitable for dealing with customers.

ID
#1917080 Review #1917080 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Apology

Wrong prices taken at the register

Garden Fresh have just advertised Bashkirian honey for 11.99 with pictures of the organic brand in the advertising. When I picked the item and went to the register to pay, I was chared $16.99. The manager at the Mundelien location told me that picture of the honey jar posted on the Garden Fresh advertisement is incorrect. She refused to sell it for the advertised price. This is not a good way to treat customers. I have had the same issue with other products too but never complained but this time decided to share my experience on this site. I wish management will do something to make customer experience better.
Mundelein, Illinois
Service
Garden Fresh Market Manager
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article