Complaint on Gallagher Appraisals

I am expressing my grievance now since I was unable that there was a platform before now regarding the way that this company conducted the appraisal. When the appraisal was done I recently loss my husband and I was in the process of sorting through his things which I informed the appraisal of. He was further informed that certain rooms were clutter and that I needed to pull those room together before he came out, because I was concerned about pictures being taken of those rooms. The appraisal assured me that he would not be taken any pictures of those rooms and that the pictures he would be taken would be minimal. This was a untrue statement, since many of the pictures reflected in the appraisal were the very rooms that the appraisals stated no pictures would be taken. On the "Uniform Residential Appraisal Report form the appraisal compared 3 homes given a dollar amount for the square footage, but left the dollar amount for the square footage blank for my home. The gross living area reported ( 2052 ) is lower, since I have a fully finished basement increase the gross living area to 3 levels instead of 2 levels. In my opinion, I think that Gallagher Appraisals intentionally took negative pictures to lower the fair market value of my home showing physical depreciation of $70,000, showing further depreciation of improvement to be $168,000, and giving "As is value of Site Improvement of only $7,500, in which I am appall. The two half-baths and the complete renovation of the basement in 2013 came to more than $30,000. Therefore, I feel that this was not a true assessment of my home.
ID
Service
Gallagher Appraisals Home Inspection
Cons
  • In my opinion
  • Not a good assessment
Reason of review
Poor Appraisal assessment

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article