Resolved: Avoid Galaxie Home Remodleing - Don't Sign Their Contract

Avoid Galaxie Home Remodleing - Don't Sign Their Contract
Update by user Jun 12, 2017

Galaxie has agreed to send a full refund within 5 days and cancel my contract with them with no other league obligation on each party.

Original review posted by user Jun 12, 2017
Don't be fooled by what you see as positive reviews. They are all FAKE. Done by Galaxie to fool people and steal their money. Check with the Better Business Bureau. They rate Galaxie with an F. They went into Bankruptcy in 2012, and left hundreds of people with jobs incompleted, jobs never started and people out millions of dollars. They have been on the radar with hundreds of complaints to the Better Business Bureau, Cook County, DuPage County, Will County, Lake County and other counties in Illinois and Wisconsin. They were purchased by LUNA Carpet in 2013, and have been used as a tax right off by LUNA. The more I look into Galaxie Home Remolding the more stories I keep finding. DON’T SIGN ANY CONTRACT’S WITH GALAXIE HOME REMOLDING. Report anything to the Better Business Bureau. I've been waiting since January 2017 for them to start the work, but now they want more money.
Resolved
Service
Galaxie Home Bathroom Remodeling
Cons
  • Want more money before they start
  • Never got permits as required
  • Better business bureau rate galaxie with an f
Reason of review
Never started work, Lied about everything.
Full refund

Save your sanity - Don't ever hire Galaxie Home

I'm not sure I've ever written a negative review, but my experience with Galaxie warranted a response. To start the leadership has little consideration for quality or customer satisfaction. This is reflective in the contractors they hire - clearly at the lowest price possible. Yes, they did not have employees to do the work, they hired out. The result was a string of poor quality, long delays (since they were hired out to multiple jobs), no oversight and continual frustration. I can't express how horrible and long it took to complete our bathroom. Everyday I have to see the numerous flaws of their work. Why, not have them fixed? Because we just wanted them out - after 6 months! Hire anyone but Galaxie.
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Service
Galaxie Home Bathroom Remodeling
Bad quality
Preferred solution
No solution comes to mind. I have no confidence of having them back. To fix our floor requires a tear out. They know how bad they are and really don't care.

Galaxie Home Remodeling in Chicago
This is the worst company I have dealt with. From day one there were problems with scheduling. The customer service and communication is awful. No one will call you back in a timely manner, the computer system they use is very difficult to navigate causing delays and your "project manager" (Roxanne) does little to help. A week long project took almost 2 months to complete. Our counter was mis-measured, we ended up with a flood in my closet and while the construction crew (who are sub-contracted) was wonderful and came back to address issues, getting ahold of anyone in the company was impossible. They did very little to right the wrongs in this project and made us feel like any problems were our fault. I tried talking to the manager whose only suggestion was to let them do our next project and they will try to do better. Ummm NO THANK YOU!! We will never use this company again or recommend this company to anyone. We deeply regret our very expensive decision to use Galaxie.

We also had a terrible experience with this company. I have tried to send a complaint letter to the owner of the company, but cannot find a valid address to send it to.

Suggest anyone wanting home remodeling to look elsewhere. It’s a definite waste of time and hard-earned money.

Crystal Lake, Illinois
Cons
  • Customer service
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article