Verified Reviewer

Their products sucks and warranty is not implemented

GAF - Their products sucks and warranty is not implemented
GAF - Their products sucks and warranty is not implemented
Bought a stain blocker to coat roof. It bled through. Filed a warranty claim. No response for two weeks and when I got response upon my inquiry some jerk sends me letter via email telling me there is nothing wrong with their product. How convenient. It does not do what it should and I get screwed because company is not taking responsibility to do what's right when the product does not by.
ID
Warsaw, Mazowieckie
Service
Gaf Claim

GAF Timberline Shingles are falling off our roof after only 11 years and are guaranteed for 25 years! They are supposed to be a "high quality" shingle and they are ***!

We contacted GAF because our shingles started falling off. They have a 25 year warranty and have only been on the house 11 years. We contacted GAF in June, it is now December and they have finally told us they will not stand behind their product, we "over nailed" the shingle. The shingle never adhered to the roof!!! And if they were "over nailed" then how could they be falling off! We sent them 2 shingles and filled out 15 pages of documentation and pictures that they required. They kept telling us it would take 30 days. It is now 5 months later and I again had to call them to find out what was happening. Not only do they not stand behind their product, they will not contact you to tell you that! GAF has been the biggest mistake we made when we built the house! We should NEVER have used GAF shingles. They are a joke and the company that stands behind them should be ashamed of themselves.

I had similar experience. I hired one of their "Master Elite Contractors" to install new roof.

After 18 months roof is leaking everywhere! The ELITE contractor will not stand behind his warranty and GAF won't either.I filed a complaint, like you, I did hear back but they said it wasn't their product. No reasoning why its leaking or why it wasn't their product. Not even a suggestion how to repair it.

$18,0000 later I still have a leaking roof! For the largest roofing company in the world I can't believe how they treat their customers!

ID
Howard City, Michigan
Reason of review
Warranty issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article