Bruce Baron - Lawyer in Toronto, very dishonest!

We are former clients of Bruce Baron of Gaertner Baron LLP in Toronto. Instead of helping us, Mr. Baron took every opportunity to rip us off. He made our simple matter more complicated, so he has excuse to bill excessive unnecessary hours. Even though we are prevailing party in the litigation settlement because the defendant knows clearly he is in the losing position if go to trial, we haven't received any compensation from the defendant. The main reason we accept inferior settlement is that Mr. Baron has been aggressively manipulated his time and cost, attempted to bilk as much money as possible from my elder parents. Even though we settled the case at very early stage of process, before the statement of claim was drafted. Mr. Baron still billed us tens thousands to complete statement of claim, which grossly overcharge our money. We hired Mr. Baron because he has the good knowledge of the matters and paid him senior lawyer's rate. However, Mr. Baron pretended that he knows nothing and have to spent many billable hours to conduct basic research. Mr. Baron has billed us over tens of thousands dollar of non-existing work & meeting. He also ridiculously billed us thousands of dollars for the time he responded to the billing dispute with our account. At the end, we had to fire him and asked him stop working on our case. But Mr. Baron ignored us, kept creating work for himself and continue billing us, simply because we were the seller of the real estate as the part of litigation settlement and Mr. Baron held our earnest deposit in his trust account as hostage. At the end, he commingled our fund and stole our money from the trust account to satisfy his illegitimate invoices. ............There is too much to tell here! Basically Mr. Baron has played all the tricks in the rip off scams outlined here http://www.businessinsider.com/10-ways-lawyers-rip-off-clients-2013-7 Mr. Baron has hurt us more than the dependent had. We paid him to get us into the scams that he set up for us. We end up having to submitted application to Assessment Office of the Ontario Superior Court to his bills assessed. Our case will be heard on Oct 1-Oct 3, 2014. We are not Mr. Baron's competitor who try to discredit him. We are true victims of Mr. Baron's misconducts. If you would like to learn about our story, please feel free to call me at 917-720-**** or contact_jdc@***.com. Yes, I live in USA and retained Mr. Baron on behalf of my elder parents who live in Toronto. Please be alert, don't fall into his another victim, avoid this crook!

I, under userid jdc188, confirm that I am the author of this review and I confirm that I have fully and amicably resolved my dispute with Gaertner Baron LLP and Bruce Baron to my satisfaction. I fully retract my review and the statements contained therein.

ID
Toronto, Ontario
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article