Ripped off by phone trade-in

A company by the name of gadgets4everyone.com use high trade-in prices as bait to get you to send in your gadget (be it mobile, ds or whatever) then when they receive your item offer you a much depreciated offer by claiming there are faults with the item. Then if you are unhappy with the much depreciated quote and want your item returned they then charge you £5 for the pleasure. If you don't pay the fee then you lose your gadget. Please keep away from this so called company as it is a big scam and a total rip off. Remeber there name gadgets4everyone.com

This sounds EXACTLY the same as what happened to me. They offered me £198 for a Samsung Galaxy S3, I sent it to them and they said there were scratches on the back and screen.

The day I got the phone I put a screen protector on it AND a cover. There were NO scratches anywhere on it. They offered me £150 for it, I said no and asked for a return and now they're trying to charge me £5 to get it sent back. I have notified trading standards and I will be notifying the police.

I am disgusted that this "company" is allowed to carry on the way it does. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!

@PissedConsumer667020

UPDATE: They are now refusing to send my phone back saying that I accepted the £150 when I never did and there is proof in emails that I refused it. I can't get through to them when I call and they're saying they aren't getting any emails from me but I have had NO failed to send notifications.

The police have been notified. I can't believe these people are allowed to even be in business.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the Gadgets4Everyone service and I would like to reassure you that this is certainly not our business practice.

Please contact me directly on: sam@***.co.uk with your order ID and I would be more than happy to help.

Kind Regards,

Sam Hargreaves

Managing Director

View more comments (2)
ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article