Verified Reviewer

They promised something in writing, admitted it, but still said we will not do it.

Update by user Apr 19, 2021

I made a BBB complaint and they admit on their, as well as to me in emails, that they were wrong, yet still say we will not do what we put in writing we would do!!

Original review posted by user Apr 19, 2021
When I was signing up with Gabi they found an insurance company, for home insurance, that would send a free smart home kit to the homeowner. I told the person I was dealing with that I wanted the Simplisafe kit and if I could not get the Simplisafe kit, then I would not sign up for that company. He told me it was fine and I sent an email asking that to someone else and she said my state only deals with Notion. I sent an email to this person showing that in the email, but said since I have it in writing from you, in an email, I am going to sign up for that home insurance company. It turns out I had to go back and forth a lot with Gabi and now I can use my Simplisafe system with that home insurance company, but no one will send the free smart home kit I was promised. I have everything through emails and it is not right that a company will promise something to me and then I find out it is not true. Their response on the BBB "We are sorry you are unhappy with the experience you had purchasing your home insurance with us. We did indeed misinform you about the kind of alarm system start kit that would be sent to you with your Hippo homeowners policy. We were under the assumption it would be Simplisafe but Hippo Insurance has multiple partners they work with for their starter kits. You had noted you have a Simplisafe system in your home already and expected the same brand for the starter kit from Hippo. Hippo sent you a different brand, Notion, as the Simplisafe kit is not currently available via Hippo in your state. Their partnership with Simplisafe is newer and it's just not available in your state at this time. We have been in contact with you and Hippo numerous times on your behalf. We offered to reimburse the amount of the discount that comes with using the alarm starter kit. Then, Hippo offered to honor the discount on your home insurance via your existing Simplisafe membership.You do not have to change providers or use the new kit. There is nothing more we can do for you as you have been granted the discount that was offered. Please reach out to Lauren or myself if you would like to discuss further." They said they would do something, admitted they were wrong, but still say screw you!! No thanks, I will be changing insurance companies soon and when I get asked by the companies I will send them their response!!

User's recommendation: Be cautious if you choose to use Gabi Insurance.

ID
Preferred solution
They should give what they promised, but as in my BBB complaint they admitted a mistake and said no already.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article