Verified Reviewer

Wanted to sign my child until I wouldn't pay them to take photos

I got a form letter excited they wanted to sign my child explaining how exclusive their agency was. When I explained I would be using a photographer other than their owner they quickly told me I was disqualified for not providing photos fast enough.l (aka not paying Nina the owner,) The real reason was I didn't want to pay them their high fee for photo shoot.l which they collect and is unethical. We signed with another agency who doesn't employ this tactic.

What agency did you sign with?

I had my photos done professionally by a modeling studio in NYC they did her comp cards & portfolio. When Future Faces NYC called to sign my daughter, they accepted all what my daughter had on her & did not ask me for a dime.

The industry all work together so you have to pay money to have all this done and with a known modeling studio for them to accept anything else. They have a 5 star rating and so many success stories

This is why I didn’t sign my daughter up with them. What agency did you sign with?

View more comments (2)
Boynton Beach, Florida

Verified Reviewer

Scam, just wants $ for photo shoot promising to sign your child

I sent original photos of my daughter and got this elated email she was selected out of thousands of applicants to sign with Future Faces. Then when I advised I didnt want to pay the agency owner for photos ( highly overpriced $1000 of dollar photo shoot by OWNER) , we got a quick "uninterested" email back. When I requested a simple phone call for clarification they said well too late. Very susoect she can make $10s of thousands shooting children and never book one sinfle job quite a lucrative income. She also charges extra to feature your child on her website. Im glad I reasearched before falling victim.

User's recommendation: Stay Away.

Boynton Beach, Florida

She’s horrible

Please save yourself the headache and dont sign with her. Shes a liar and a thief, she refuses to pay and put you through *** The worst.

Hello, I just got an offer to join futurefaces Miami. I am so glad to find these review.

I was so excited for him but now I am not too sure.

I would have sign with her if I din't know all this non payments situation. Thank you so much for posting.

#2019167

Have you tried to term contract?

#2019173
@PissedConsumer2019167

My contract is expired

View more comments (2)
New York, New York

Unethical

Do not trust...She tries very hard to not pay when its time....Major problems with getting paid for my kids jobs!!!
#2018282

Going through the same issue . She is horrible.

Atlantic City, New Jersey
Problems with payment

Total scam

BIGGEST SCAM AGENCY . Unfortunately, we had to learn the hard way. NO reputable agency will ever ask you to PAY FOR PICTURES UPFRONT. But even if parents are dumb enough, like us, to pay for the pictures you will eventually find out that your kid is stale on her website, alongside 250 other stale kids. This agency is apparently known in the business for shady practices and casting directors are not running to do business with them. PARENTS PLEASE do your research first, read what backstage has to say about this agency and don't fall scam to this BS. Go to legit agencies like ZURI, Generations, etc.
Yonkers, New York
Bad quality

Beware!!!!! She will live on your child!!

My daughter was with Nina for 3 years! At first everything was awesome: plenty go-see, booking to campaigns, then after 7 months we asked for money, because there should be at least few campaigns paid already (payments should be made no later than 90 days after job....

What agency is your daughter working with now ?

View more comments
New York, New York
Problems with payment

BEWARE NINA!!!!

If I could give this business a negative 1 I would. This agent is charging models credit cards without even asking them. I have heard from at least 4 moms that were charged hundreds of dollars without permission. Her language barrier is horrible and she does not know how to deal with people at all. She TALKS IN ALL CAPS and lies when she is called out on everything. Just look at all the bad reviews on backstage.com. Another thing that gets me is that she will take photos from bookings that she didn't even book (other agencies bookings) and post them to gain interest like she gets everyone bookings. It is very misleading. Tons of models are talking and leaving. BEWARE OF NINA!!!!!

She’s a complete *** Lies about everything to just get your money to take mediocre pictures and call them “professional”

Who is a good agent in the NYC area?

Anyone have recommendations for an agent in the Miami location?

So how much does it cost? My great grand son was pick from some shots of him.

I dont want my grand daughter caught up in any scams. Maybe i will contact the better business bureau and check this agency out.

Have a good day!

Although she does take beautiful photos, the money she expects you to pay for the photos and to be on her website is a complete rip-off.

Don't sign any contracts/agreements with her.

Work with an agent. My son has been booked solid for the last 5 months. If your child is talented and has the look, they don't need to be marketed on a website or have to pay for pictures.

I specifically asked photographers at photoshoots if they've heard of Nina Lubarda- most never heard of her, and two laughed when I mentioned her name.

Please take advice, don't waste your time or $

@PissedConsumer1398987

Would you have an agent you recommend? I’m from Miami

Her agency is horrible! They take your money and you never hear from them again.

We received one email for a go-see. No specifics or explanation. They never returned My call because I had questions and they never responded to email. Horrible service to families.

Honestly people, do not waste your time. You're better off getting an agent

In addition to the bad reviews, Nina doesn't pay her models. We've been calling her since our booking on 5.20.2016 and never received payment.

It is March 27, 2017. We are filing with the Labor Department!

@PissedConsumer1308128

Never paid my son for any work he did. She owes thousands of dollars to us.

I know parents who had the same issues. I had told her we are done with her and she keeps sending us go sees to go to and very aggressive about it.

Stay far away if you can. Save yourself the trouble.