General information

Had ice storm tree damage, they were in the neighborhood working and offered to address my issues. Generally using walk up contractors is a bad idea, but their offer seemed fair, so I took a chance. They did a good job and I have no complaints. They did suggest more work, but there was no undue pressure to accept it. Overall I was very pleased.

User's recommendation: I would recommend using them.

Verified Reviewer

Honest, Thorough and Reasonable Pricing

I used Furr's in May of 2019 to cut down / remove multiple trees, grind the stumps and trim branches on three large Oaks. I considered the job to be difficult because the trimming required climbing up 30 into the large Oaks, the removal of a large Walnut was 10 feet from the house, and the removal of a huge Oak was next to the driveway and only 40 feet from the house Considering this and the risk involved I never had any concern for safety or damage to property. They had the knowledge, experience and appropriate equipment that was well maintained. Upon completion they did an excellent job cleaning up. They were honest and professional the entire time and I will use them again in the future. I am providing this review a year later because I was looking for Furr's contact info to do more tree cutting for me, noticed other reviews and felt it was necessary to provide a review for my very positive experience with them.

User's recommendation: As normal practice always confirm insurance coverage and get a quote in advance.

ID
#1943885 Review #1943885 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Furr's Tree - I WAS SCAMMED! DISHONEST & RUDE OWNER

Furrs Tree and Landscaping - Furr's Tree - I WAS SCAMMED!  DISHONEST & RUDE OWNER
I signed a contract with Furr's to remove my oak and chip the Stump on 11/26/17 in the amount of $2300. Upon arrival at my home on Tuesday, November28, 2017, Joseph Furr told me he could not do the tree for under $5000 ,although his employee saw the tree and Joseph received a picture of it in advance. He was rude, tried to tell me it was his employee's fault for pricing the tree too low and then said he didn't have the authority to sign the contract. When I tried to reason with him about this, Joseph stated he had the right to cancel the contract. He was rude and insulting to me, called me a liar about the home equity loan I applied for so I could pay for the tree removal. He did apologize between insults. He continued to throw Mike, his employee, under the bus, said he was going to fire him, said he only knew him for about a month. and it just went on. I told him that if Mike was new, he should go with him to price jobs. Joseph Furr's fiance, Melissa, told me he would have done that but they were out of town on vacation. Now to the truth. Joseph Furr was back from vacation in time to look at the tree. So Melissa lied. Also, Mike is his step brother who has a lot of experiance in the tree business. Mike already informed his step brother, Joseph Furr, that he had lowered the price to help me since I am on a fixed income and had to get a loan. Joseph Furr received a picture of the tree in advance of the job which at first he denied getting and later admitted to. The entire experience really stinks. I took pictures of them to prove they came to do the work. And pictures of them leaving without doing the work when I didn't agree to $5000. What a scam! The only positive out of this is that Mike is attempting to make this right by me on his own. We will see what happens. The bottom line is DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH JOSEPH FURR OF FURR'S TREE & LANDSCAPING. IN MY OPINION, JOSEPH FURR CANNOT BE TRUSTED A complaint with DPOR in Virginia may be forth coming.
Warrenton, Virginia