Allergic reaction to leather furniture

Update by user Jul 05, 2016

Update on the 2 leather recliners. Getting no results from Furniture Warehouse...I wrote a letter to the CEO of Best Furniture, the manufacturer and sent it certifiedmail, return receipt.

Within a few days, Furniture Warehouse called to arrange a pick up. Rash is now gone. In addition, the folks at FW have gone out of their way to get me 2 special order (identical) recliners in Microfiber in the choice of my color.

They are due to be delivered around 8/10. However, FW said they'd do what they could to influence a speedier delivery.

Original review posted by user May 12, 2016
I recently purchased 2 leather recliners and 1 leather love seat from "Furniture Ware House". It was delivered on 4/21/16. I only used one recliner. I got a miserable rash on the underneath side of my arms, the back of my neck and on my legs from the back of the knees to the ankles. It didn't bother me for the first week though I didn't use it that much. Beginning the second week it really started to bother me. I couldn't sleep at night because of the itiching. I finally ended up going to the doctor for a cortisone shot. They switched some of my meds thinking that was the problem. No dice. I covered it with towels because I was using cortisone creams. No relief. I returned to the doctor about 5 days later. No relief. I finally realized that it was the recliner. I went back to "Furniture Ware House" on 5/11/16 but they refused to take it back because I had had it for 3 weeks. Now I"m stuck having spent $2,200.00 for furniture I can't use. Apparently the culprit is Dimethyl Fumarate used in furniture. Europe has banned the use but not the USA. I have found a lawyer on line who is dealing with the issue, since it has begun to affect people in the USA. The lawyers firm is Parker/Waichman LLP. I found this firm under the google listing of "Dimethyl Fumarate Allergy Injury Lawsuits"
ID
Palmetto, Florida
Product
Best Home Furnishings Petite Rocker Recliner
Cons
  • Purchased thru furniture ware house
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY

PURCHASE FURNITURE AND IN THE DELIVERY PROCESS THE COMPANY SENT DRIVERS WHO COULD NOT LIFT THE LOVESEAT UP THE STAIRS THEY DROPPED AND LEFT THE LOVESEAT IN THE ACCESS WAY OF MY HOME WHERE I COULD NOT GET THROUGH SPOKE TO TWO DIFFERENT MANAGERS TRYING TO RECTIFY THE SITUATION AND GOT NO ASSISTANCE, HAD TO PAY OTHER PROFESSIONAL MOVERS TO MOVE THE LOVESEAT. THEY REFUSE TO REFUND ME. 156 DOLLARS IS WHAT I PAID THE NEW MOVERS WHO LIFTED THE LOVESEAT WITH NO PROBLEMS, I ALSO HAVE VIDEO OF THEM DOING SO. I HAVE FILED WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND THEY REBUTTALED WITH A LIE SAYING THE FURNITURE WAS TWO BIG.
ID
Tampa, Florida
Reason of review
Problem with delivery
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article