Fundarental.com - beware of owner rip offs

Warning - if you are considering renting an RV from fundarental.com, think again. We got ripped off by the owner of the RV we rented. The "1997 Georgie boy Class A RV" was full of things that didn't work, including an awning that was duct taped together. The awning fell apart the first day as we were driving and he took us to small claims court to make us pay for it. I'm still having nightmares about that RV! If we had rented from another place then the RV would have been better maintained and/or insurance would have paid for the repair, plus we would have had a better trip because we wouldn't have had to deal with all the broken things. We thought we would save some money by renting from an owner, in the end we paid almost the blue book value of the RV just to rent it for a week. I doubt all the owners do this - but Fundarental.com does not have any kind of owner review or "rate your experience" kind of feature so there is nothing to stop an owner from regularly claiming that a renter damaged a vehicle just to get them to pay for routine maintenance. Nor does Fundarental have any kind of listing in other social media like Google Places, Yelp etc. - so no oversight of the process. To make matters worse I posted a complaint on their Facebook page only to have it deleted with no response. Proceed with caution!

never had an issue

I am sad for you and angry that a rv owner on fundarental would have out you through such an ordeal. I am an owner of two campers on fundarental among other things.

I apologize that you had such a horrible experiance. For myself I pride myself in offering well maintained campers and the best customer service. Since you posted this comment, I believe fundarental has made some huge strides in oversite process. Their is now a owner rating system and each renter can rate their experiance.

Also, the owners of fundarental monitor the owners and if an owner is consistantly getting bad reviews they are now removed from the site. I hope this information helps ease the nightmeres you are having in knowing that others will hopefully be able to avoid the same results you did.

View more comments (1)
ID
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article