Southern D

I would give it ZERO if I could

First, it is suggested to send meal plan shipments to your work so that it does not sit outside and ruin, get stolen, etc while you are away at work. I shipped my first order to work.

LAZY FedEx driver wanted to get home early I guess and decided to hold my package over the weekend, therefore ruining all the food. I contacted Fuel Meals and was told they would replace it but only if they can ship it somewhere else, like my home (WTF?!), and told it "should" be fine until I get home...they don't know my work schedule, the weather, etc...dumba*s.

Too much money was spent with this company to receive Dollar General level customer service.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Good idea
Cons:
  • Horrific execution

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: RUN FOREST RUN!!

Guest

Then stop ordering from them. All your anger should be directed at FedEx anyway.

You have two options, home or work delivery.

Why aren’t you following up with a FedEx complaint? Is it because you are not allowed to speak for the company when you receive personal shipments at work?

Melika Dhv

Slow shipping

Food is decent, but shipping is extremely slow. My first order took almost three weeks to receive. I decided to give them another chance and it's been almost two weeks and still waiting. I wouldn't complain if I didn't they didn't charge $39.95 for shipping.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

All M Guy

| map-marker Ridgefield, New Jersey

Fuel Meal - Cannot stand up to competition

A few notable issues that has led for me to cancel my subscription:

1. The fluctuation in receiving my meals on time due to issues in shipping.

Meals would arrive on one day and then another week a different day creating an issue with being able to have my meals to consume on time or not, leading to me having to find a place to eat lunch or dinner which defeats the purpose of having meal prep.

2. The quality of the meals: At times when consuming my purchased meals the quality of the meals have been below average in taste. Oftentimes the meals were prepared with little to no seasoning, little to no sauce for entrees that noted sauce (i.e Barbeque Chicken had less than an ounce of bbq and left the chicken dry and tasteless), pairing of items together were questionable such as the pairing of (Pancakes with only ham, why no option of bacon, sausage or turkey of some kind?), images of meals and what was received were not the same (images of breakfast items having syrup on the website and then arriving with no syrup) and the most notable disappointment being that there was no option to possibly customize our paid meals (some have allergies like myself and I could not even ask to customize my meal to have little or no cheese. Perhaps I liked the entrée like the Burger or Pizza but didn't want or need the amount of cheese normally included or the type of cheese.)

Pricing - for the quality of the meals mentioned above and the amount that is served the pricing is way too high. I've dealt with other meal prep subscription services that offered meals for far less with quality being far superior.

4. Issues when adding/modifying orders. While the process of adding or changing an order was efficient I found an issue that would not allow me to actually see what my sub-total was allowing me to be able to know what my final bill will be and if I had enough to cover it.

For instance my last two meal orders were $121.55 with most of my orders being $109.60. This change was due to adding the Brownies, but I had no idea the price increased because there is nothing that displays the sub-total/total bill until the order is billed and goes through the fulfillment status.

Customer Service - Contacting customer service via email has been very slow. At times I have submitted a request and didn't hear back from an associate until 2 or 3 days later and in one case didn't hear back from an associate at all.

With all of these reasons it has led me to the decision to part ways with Fuel Meals.

Thank you for reading my review and hopefully this will allow you to make an informed decision to avoid experiencing the same issues in your search for a notable meal prep service online.

Pros:
  • Shipping
  • Online availability
Cons:
  • No customability
  • Pricing too high
  • Slow or no responding for customer service

Preferred solution: Updated meals, lower priced meals, website modifications and the ability to customize meals when necessary.

User's recommendation: Try FlexPro; If that may be too expensive try and find a local brick and mortar company that can provide meal prep options.

Montavis M

Verified Reviewer

I did not authorize the second shipment

I need my money back on my card I did or do not want another shipment Ive been texting the same thing for two days now I need to be speaking with someone

Preferred solution: Full refund

map-marker Chicago, Illinois

Help with dietary restrictions

Customer service has not helped me address my situation! Please contact me. Pam Smithson Pamsmithson@***.com
map-marker Irvington, New Jersey

Do not buy

Supously it should be a healthy meal but there I s no way to try to eat that type of food . It tastes so nasty very un tasty food I do not recommend anyone to waist their money & there is no way to get in touch with anyone to cancel any orders so good luck
Bryanna Xij
map-marker Brooklyn, New York

Fuel Meals (meal prep) is NOT Worth it.

Fuel Meals (meal prep) is NOT Worth it.
This company is overrated and the food is horrible. I ordered ten meals from this company and 8 out of the ten meals were disgusting. The food is bland, overcooked, and taste like dog food. The steak meals are as tough as leather. The salmon didn't even have a dash of salt on it. It tasted like water. The food is not only tasteless but also very unattractive. I watched my co workers stare at shrimp ceviche with disgust. The shrimp ceviche was awful and tasted like a wet pickle. They charge way too much money for this type of food. I am throwing out the rest of my meals. I wasted my money. I've included a photo of the Steak Teriyaki that I am about to throw away. It's dry and taste like absolutely nothing. The meat is extremely tough and chewy. Don't order from this company. They charge way too much for this. They ripped me off.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Delivery time
Cons:
  • Food
Reason of review:
Bad quality

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article