French Riviera Spa, horrible service

I purchased my gym membership at French Riviera Spa in 2004 and along with it purchased a trainer so I was spending a large amount of money. They said they only had a 2 year contract available and that it would only be 25.00 dollars per month (this price went down from 65.00, because I decided to get a trainer as well), I agreed and had a friend sign up as well for just the membership. The sales person never gave me a card or any identification material and said that my Drivers License ID would be fine. I was told that I would meet my trainer on a date that they set up but that none were available the day I signed. I said that was fine and came back on the scheduled date and here's where things get bad: 1st I am often called "gothic" which is fine it's because my hair at the time was purple, blue and black. I was treated like a rat coming in off the street. The man at the counter overall was friendly but said I needed my French Riviera Spa ID. I said I was never given one and he said he would get his manager. The manager came and said you WERE given an ID we give all our members ID's. I said I'm sorry sir but I was not, I was told my DL ID was fine. He continued telling me I was lying and I was given this ID. Needless to say I was furious, the only thing that stopped it from continuing was a trainer who had been assigned me came over and told him I was a member. Thank goodness the trainer new who I was since I didn't know him yet. I have to say this the trainer I had was awesome, he was very nice and did a great job, he was the only reason I did not cxl. The insults continued I was stopped almost every time I came to gym, I was treated horribly and even my trainer admitted that they had singled me out due to my appearance. I felt very out of place and extremely insulted. In 2005 the hurricane hit and the gym was damaged. I could not use the gym yet they continued to charge me. I called them about it and they told me the account was on freeze and they were not charging me any further (keep in mind the hurricane hit Aug 29th and they were still charging me in Oct.) I said they needed to refund the amount they had taken out for the 2 months and he refused. I decided to cxl the membership which according to my contract is allowed if the gym is not up and running for 4 months. I called in Jan to cxl again and they said no and proceeded to send me statement after statement to pay them. The man I talked to also REFUSED to give me the district or Regional Managers number, I had to find the companies number online (which was quite a search) They called me and my friend non stop and were EXTREMELY rude. I had to get a lawyer involved and that is when the situation was taken care of. He sent a forceful letter explaining their OWN contract to them and that is when the calls and rude letters stopped. Beware of this fraud of a company. They are horrible and once they lock you into a contract they will treat you like *** because they can. It's very bad service and they don't care a thing about you or complaints.

Hey I having same situation! How did get out that situation?

I need your help! I'm not able to get lawyer this time, they are very greedy people!

I just don't like their service just need to cancel my membership,do u think consumer reports can stand their bad service? I will never ever walk their building just need to cancel this things

ID
Orlando, Florida

About

Summary

Riviera Fitness Centers, Inc also known as French Riviera Spa, French Riviera Fitness, Riviera Family Fitness, and Riviera Ladies Fitness traces its 35 years history from the first gym in Memphis, Tennessee. Since that time Riviera Fitness has been increasing its presence on the South, including locations in New Orleans, Louisiana, the Florida Gulf Coast and Alabama. French Riviera Spa Centers are considered to be the well-off health and fitness leader and the South most popular fitness club franchise, providing affordable fitness to its members. General list of French Riviera Spa Centers' amenities generally include Calorie-burning Body Pump, Step, Kickboxing group exercise classes, Yoga Classes, Group Cycling Classes, Cardio Cinema, Personal Training, Spa and Sauna, etc .

French Riviera Spa reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article