Freedom debt solutions rip me off 17,000 dollars

i enrolled in the freedom debt program in 2008.i had a debt of 58,000.dollars had 2 credit cards one of 27,000 dollars and the other one for 8,000 dollars .and 3 department store credit cards which together added 13,000 dollars .now the program told me that if i stayed 3 years with them i would be debt free,so they asigned me a monthly quote of 1,0009 dollars.so for 27 months i paid that amount and in june of 2010 i found out that out of the 27,ooo dollars they had only taking care of the small department store credit cards wich the setlement for those 3 cards amounted only 11,000 and now the other 2 credit cards took me to court cause this program didnt send them any kind of payments,the other 17,000 dollars left over they told me that it was used for fees so i paid 27,000 dollars to pay 13,000 how can this be i fell ripped off is there any thing i can do to find out why they keeped 17,ooo dollars and now im stuk with with the other 2 credit cards.

I will write a longer review next time because I am too upset to even write this. Freedom debt messed up my finances even more then before .

I signed up with them last yr and they told me that they would handle all communication with creditors and told me to stop paying the creditors and pay them in to my dedicated bank account with them and they would use that money to pay creditors and negotiate with them. I found out they did not communicate with most of my creditors when I got phone calls and letters from the 3 of my creditors suing me for not paying the debts. Freedom claimed they settled 2 debts with lending club, but one of the lending club's hired a collections agency to call me and tell me last month June 2017 that I was being sued for the full amount 8000 I owed them. I told them I thought Freedom debt let them know that I was working with them and they said no one ever contacted them.

They wanted me to pay them the 8000 and I was like I do not have it so I had to make a payment plan with them I cannot afford. I also got 2 letter from Prosper stating they were suing me and when I called them they had hired a law firm to handle my collections and I told them that Freedom was suppose to contact them and they said they never did. I had to work out payment plans with them I cannot afford. Its a very long story I will have to go into another time, but I have wasted a year from last April 2016 till now paying Freedom to settle debts thinking they were communicating with my creditors' collection agencies and come to find out I was wrong and now I have wasted all my saving paying them .

I cancelled with Freedom last month after Lending club's collections people called me and Freedom tried to persuade me to stay with their program. I tried to tell them again what I told them for the last few months that why are you not communicating with my creditors and they would not answer me. I am so upset. I am about to loose my home and car I have ran out of money.

Please do not use this company. Like I said I will have to go in greater detail later I am so upset I can't think I am shaking. Nothing ever goes right and its like you cannot trust anyone to help you. Freedom debt is a scam.

I know I saw many good reviews on many sites, but they did not help me at all. They lied to me and now I am liable for all this debt and I have no one to help me. I don't have money for bankruptcy. I don't know what to do, but its my fault for jumping into this and trusting them.

I filed a complaint with better business bureau, but I doubt I will get my money back or anything will be done. I tried many times to complain directly to Freedom and they never took my complaints seriously and some how made it my fault like I was told I did not fill out the welcome package so that's why they did not negotiate with Prosper and I did fill it out last March 2016 and sent it to this person who said he got everything, but when I tried to contact him this year to ask what happened to the welcome package he would not return my emails or calls. I was also told it was my fault they did not contact Prosper because I did not pay them enough money to start negotiating with Prosper. I am so upset.

I am in tears.

I should have never trusted a debt settlement co. Maybe it works for some, but it sure screwed me up even more.

They ripped me off too..

Care to join me in a class action suit?

Creditors are a lot easier to deal with than this thieving company.

they got ME for 9000.00... I am in worse shape than when they first contacted me

View more comments (2)
ID
#207347 Review #207347 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Washington, District Of Columbia

About

Summary

Freedom Debt Solutions USA is a fee-only debt management firm that prides itself ... At Freedom Debt Solutions USA, we treat our clients with courtesy and integrity. ...

Freedom Debt Solutions reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article