Verified Buyer

Housecleaning

Freedom Debt Relief - Housecleaning
Freedom Debt Relief - Housecleaning - Image 2
Freedom Debt Relief - Housecleaning - Image 3
Some very intelligent people work here! Dont expect to just walk in and take over the counter. Their methods and implementation procedures are very steel toed and as a business I would hire them if I was in a bind and wanted peace of mind. Phil and his team were dedicated to very ends. Thanks FDR

User's recommendation: Check paperwork for dotted i’s and t’s

Donna L Blu

Find out what my progress is

Not knowing whats going on with my account what they are paying on. Why is my credit negative and keeps staying on negative. I would like to be called and tell me whats been paid on. When I called it took me to somewhere different. The number I called a few minutes ago was not the number for what it said

Preferred solution: Information on my account

User's recommendation: Make sure you let people know

map-marker Tampa, Florida

I Horace Lewars want to cancel my account

This FDA program is not working in my best of interest .It's my choice to remove my account and find a new direction

User's recommendation: Please do your own research before

Alasondro L

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Charlotte, North Carolina

Entrapment

Updated by user Aug 18, 2022

It appears freedom debt is trying some new angles of entrapment I begin asking about what my payoff amount was and it stirred up a lot of underhanded tricks from freedom debt as I am working through my bank to pay off this loan then freedom debt send me this bogus...

Original review Jul 18, 2022
Back in December 2019 I signed up with freedom debt relief Ive discovered over time their service is all about talking up how they want to help you and Lure you in and now I am trying to get an equity loan to pay them off and to get my equity loan A couple debts have to be taken care of and freedom debt is unwilling to help they entrap their customers
Pros:
  • Nice on the surface
Cons:
  • Manipulation entrapment and lies

Preferred solution: Accounts paid off early of the settled dept so I can get an equity loan to pay all the freedom debt off without losing more money

User's recommendation: Absolutely not

Raymond T Iry

Verified Reviewer

HARASSMENT AND AN EXPLOITATION OF MY CREDIT

I SIGNED ON TO GET INFORMATION ON THEIR COMPANY, THINKING I CAN GET THE INFORMATION ONLINE. YOU HAVE TO SUPPLY SOME INFORMATION AND YOUR SOCIAL (MISTAKE!!!) I WAS THEN CONTINUALLY HARASSED WITH PHONE CALLS COMING IN EVERY FIVE MINUTES, THEN SEVERAL TIMES A DAY, EMAILS AND THEN SOME IDIOT NAMED JASON DECIDED TO LEAVE ALL MY DEBT ON MY ANSWERING MACHINE, WHAT I OWE, WHAT I AM PAYING INTEREST, SPECIFIC NUMBERS FOR MY WHOLE FAMILY, INCLUDING MY CHILDREN AND EXTENDED FAMILY TO HEAR. IT WAS MORTIFYING!!! WHEN I CALLED HIM, WHICH I HAD DONE BEFORE TO TELL THEM TO STOP CALLING, HIS RESPONSE WITH NO REMORSE WAS "OKAY SO YOU WANT ME TO CLOSE THE CASE!" I ASKED WHAT CASE????? THERE IS NO CASE. HE WAS SARCASTIC AND OBNOXIOUS! PS DON'T USE THEM THEY TAKE A GOOD PORTION OF WHAT THEY CLAIMED YOU SAVED FOR THEMSELVES!
Cons:
  • Harrassment and condesending

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: USE A DIFFERENT COMPANY

Andrew D Ejg

LIARS

i WON'T COMMIT Y STORY.. BUT JUST GIVE A WORD OF WARNING.. These people are liars.. They take massive money in fees and leave you to be sued.. How do I know.. I got sued... Settle the debt yourself... these people are slick and will lie to you from their first representative... until they set you adrift to fend for yourself... of course thousands later... In my case the rep. was Adam Collins.. Hear that name.. RUN LIKE *** or you will be sorry.. Expect a lawsuit... expect them to take fees while you are beig sued..expect their legal team to find any way not to represent you In otherwords. go it alone...because once you have been sued...you will have to anyway..because they will be no where to be seen... These type of companies are the lowest form of life..that profits of human worry and suffering without giving a damn... Follow the money..right into their pocket... While you contemplate hanging yourself..
Loss:
Cons:
  • Thieves and liars
Reason of review:
Not as described/ advertised

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

map-marker Richmond, Virginia

RUN from Freedom Debt Relief

When I set up my account two accounts were left off. After 8 months of begging them to add these accounts, I was told one of them had been "charged off." The other was finally added. When I was transferred to their partner, Consul plus I worked with staff after staff who promised to get back with me, gave me their extension but never called me back. After finally reaching the right person upper management were quick to tell me they could do nothing to help me. I am being taken to court by the "charged off" creditor. There is no documentation of who said this account was charged/written off. Nice staff but you always start over with each new person you speak to. No resolution!!!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Nice staff
Cons:
  • No resolution to issue
Reason of review:
Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Navi Dwa

That's what happened to me and I am being sued too. I am so upset.

I have no money at all none and I am about to loose everything. I have not got money to even file bankruptcy. I wish I could sue these people. Please do not do business with these people ever.

Its better to try to call creditors and see if you can work out a payment plan with them directly then to pay Freedom debt relief or really any debt settlement co. money to negotiate for us to our creditors. They are scammers and crooks trying to take advantage of us that are in bad financial situations.

I don't know what to do. :(

map-marker Washington, District Of Columbia

Freedom debt solutions rip me off 17,000 dollars

i enrolled in the freedom debt program in 2008.i had a debt of 58,000.dollars had 2 credit cards one of 27,000 dollars and the other one for 8,000 dollars .and 3 department store credit cards which together added 13,000 dollars .now the program told me that if i stayed 3 years with them i would be debt free,so they asigned me a monthly quote of 1,0009 dollars.so for 27 months i paid that amount and in june of 2010 i found out that out of the 27,ooo dollars they had only taking care of the small department store credit cards wich the setlement for those 3 cards amounted only 11,000 and now the other 2 credit cards took me to court cause this program didnt send them any kind of payments,the other 17,000 dollars left over they told me that it was used for fees so i paid 27,000 dollars to pay 13,000 how can this be i fell ripped off is there any thing i can do to find out why they keeped 17,ooo dollars and now im stuk with with the other 2 credit cards.
Navi Dwa

I will write a longer review next time because I am too upset to even write this. Freedom debt messed up my finances even more then before .

I signed up with them last yr and they told me that they would handle all communication with creditors and told me to stop paying the creditors and pay them in to my dedicated bank account with them and they would use that money to pay creditors and negotiate with them. I found out they did not communicate with most of my creditors when I got phone calls and letters from the 3 of my creditors suing me for not paying the debts. Freedom claimed they settled 2 debts with lending club, but one of the lending club's hired a collections agency to call me and tell me last month June 2017 that I was being sued for the full amount 8000 I owed them. I told them I thought Freedom debt let them know that I was working with them and they said no one ever contacted them.

They wanted me to pay them the 8000 and I was like I do not have it so I had to make a payment plan with them I cannot afford. I also got 2 letter from Prosper stating they were suing me and when I called them they had hired a law firm to handle my collections and I told them that Freedom was suppose to contact them and they said they never did. I had to work out payment plans with them I cannot afford. Its a very long story I will have to go into another time, but I have wasted a year from last April 2016 till now paying Freedom to settle debts thinking they were communicating with my creditors' collection agencies and come to find out I was wrong and now I have wasted all my saving paying them .

I cancelled with Freedom last month after Lending club's collections people called me and Freedom tried to persuade me to stay with their program. I tried to tell them again what I told them for the last few months that why are you not communicating with my creditors and they would not answer me. I am so upset. I am about to loose my home and car I have ran out of money.

Please do not use this company. Like I said I will have to go in greater detail later I am so upset I can't think I am shaking. Nothing ever goes right and its like you cannot trust anyone to help you. Freedom debt is a scam.

I know I saw many good reviews on many sites, but they did not help me at all. They lied to me and now I am liable for all this debt and I have no one to help me. I don't have money for bankruptcy. I don't know what to do, but its my fault for jumping into this and trusting them.

I filed a complaint with better business bureau, but I doubt I will get my money back or anything will be done. I tried many times to complain directly to Freedom and they never took my complaints seriously and some how made it my fault like I was told I did not fill out the welcome package so that's why they did not negotiate with Prosper and I did fill it out last March 2016 and sent it to this person who said he got everything, but when I tried to contact him this year to ask what happened to the welcome package he would not return my emails or calls. I was also told it was my fault they did not contact Prosper because I did not pay them enough money to start negotiating with Prosper. I am so upset.

I am in tears.

I should have never trusted a debt settlement co. Maybe it works for some, but it sure screwed me up even more.

Guest

They ripped me off too..

Care to join me in a class action suit?

Creditors are a lot easier to deal with than this thieving company.

Guest

they got ME for 9000.00... I am in worse shape than when they first contacted me

View more comments (2)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article