Over priced repairs on parts they damaged!

Needed to get a new key reprogrammed and a front alignment done. Had some coupons and use Kia dealership for work on our Sportage. Never thought I'd have a problem with using Beans Nissan for our sons Maxima. Boy was I wrong! Got a call later in the day that the car was finished but there was a problem. Apparently the check engine light came on when they were working on it and the car needed some sensors replaced. Car was running great when it was dropped off. Service manager tells me it would take three hours of labor plus parts to repair at a cost of $660. Of course I was levied, since nothing was wrong with the car when dropped off. Service manager claims it was that way when we left it and car needs to be repaired ASAP. I told him he we would fix it ourselves and would be filing a complaint against dealership. He didn't even care. Seems to be the norm for this dealership from reading other complaints. My son and I replaced the two sensors that mysteriously came up on diagnostics in less than a hour. Total cost for parts $110. Fred Beans Nissan of Limerick wanted over $600 to repair. That's is over $500 an hour in labor cost. Don't trust them for any service work.
ID
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Loss

Fred Beans Nissan Is the Worst

Tim Dati (sp) is the worst dealer ever. We came in to look for a Nissan Altima on a rainy friday night. I have some children. At first, he was all concerned about how we all were. With it being rainy, he was trying to have me buy the car before i even test drove it. Hes such a *** and lies to everyone. Lied about the car coming with floor mats and two keys. I could go on forever, just out of time. Never do business here. I wouldnt recomond this place to no one. The finance guy is a ***.

it sounds like the salesperson and the finance manager went out of their way to accomodate this customer. Including getting a better rate for the customer in the finance office.

I will recommend this store to my family and friends. Keep up the good work guys!

Man some really harsh words that are confusing to me. Let me start from the beginning.

Purchase date 10/8/11. Why did Cmec2004 wait so long?

I NEVER try to have anyone buy a car without first driving it. Even if it is a new car that we located and the customer has driven a similar one. I ALWAYS have the customer drive before we do anything. I won’t waste time trying to sell a car before I know the customer likes it enough to buy.

I brought the car into the service drive so they would not have to take their first look at it in the dark and rain. This is a car that they saw on the internet and came specifically for this car. They seemed excited that it was still available. We went for a demo ride and he said that he liked it and if we can fit it into his budget he would buy it. I presented the numbers, it fit his budget and he told me that he wanted to go home to think about it. I asked if there was anything other than the budget that would prevent him from doing business now. He said, no I just want to think about it. I let him leave with an appointment to come back.

He left that evening and made an appointment to come back a couple of days later, Oct 1st, he never showed or called. I followed up and he scheduled to come back again, Oct 5th and never showed or called. I followed up again and he scheduled ANOTHER appointment for the next Saturday, Oct 8th, in the morning at 9:00 am, he arrived at 4:45 pm, 15 minutes before closing. He brought his own financing but our Finance Manager was able to secure a LOWER rate for him to save him a few hundred more dollars. We came to a final agreement on the car and he took delivery, all seemed to go well and they were in their words "very happy".

The following Monday Cmec2004 called and said that the floor mats were missing. I told him that there were no floor mats when we drove the car but I would look into it. In fact there were floor mats in the pictures on the internet, Tan mats in a Grey interior. They may have been removed by detail because they didn’t match.

I called Cmec2004 back and told him that I would give him mats since the car was shown with mats. I called him numerous times to let him know that I had mats for him, he never responded. Finally after about 2 weeks he showed up for the mats. He again thanked me for taking care of this and all seemed well.

As far as a second key, it was never brought up to me.

So I ask again, why did he wait so long to comment and defame my character? My cell phone number is 484-338-**** for anyone who would like to speak with me personally, including Cmec2004.

Thanks for viewing my side of the story.

View more comments (1)
ID
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article