Darren G Rig

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Edmonton, Alberta

Incompetent Edmonton dealer ship

Horrible customer service and service manager totally disrespectful and useless and needs to be terminated
Loss:
Cons:
  • Horrible incompetent dealership

Preferred solution: Coverage of batteries they destroyed and some customer service , they treat their customers like dirt

User's recommendation: Run away

Jewel Ano

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Whitehorse, Yukon

Fraserway RV - We rented a truck camper for the Dempster highway and they provided inadequate tires
The camper is very good for paved road, but we went north on the Dempster. We had three flats and it screwed our itinerary. Two tire repair guys said we had improper tires and thanked Fraserway Don't trust their promises, check everything. RV for the repeated business. One recommended a tire upgrade, Fraserway RV accepted we were told. We drove a detour of 300km to get them and once there we learned that only the rear tires were replaced with the SAME model we had. We got 2 more flats afterwards. We had rented to avoid these problems. Fraserway knew that the tires were not the best and tried to get correct ones, and failed for 2023. They mentioned it might be resolved the following year, but in the meanwhile we were sent on the road with improper tires. They took a chance with our holidays and we failed. We ended up getting a partial reimbursement, but that was thanks to a very customer friendly employee in Whitehorse.
Pros:
  • Convenience
Cons:
  • Trust

User's recommendation: Don't trust their promises, check everything. Trucks have gauges issues, if you buy check them up.

map-marker Vernon, British Columbia

Very Poor Service

Bought used R.V that was suppose to be totally gone over before finish paying full amount and have had poor results. No hot water on demand, Broken water filter, Broken gas shock on door. Very thankful got extra insurance. Would not by from Fraserway PrinceGeorge ever. Like to say more but limited.

User's recommendation: Stay away

map-marker Vancouver, British Columbia

Unethical staff

Be careful when signing the contract. The finance guy was doing the paperwork, told us what it was then would need a few minutes to finish. Then another guy came in and asked to talk in different room. We did, came back and signed the contract. Found out later the finance guy had changed the contract. higher interest rate and ammonization. Ended up costing over 48,000. for a 25,000. trailer. Rip offs. Sleazy people.

User's recommendation: dont trust them

map-marker Mission, British Columbia

Prince George location compaint

Good afternoon. My husband and I purchased a new holiday trailer from you several years back. We had a relatively decent experience. There was a hiccup in the following spring regarding our batteries. I was able to resolve this matter at Prince George location level. We recently (2019) had some damage to our unit from wind. We chose to bring to Fraserway RV Prince George location for the claim. Again small hiccup, miss understanding but resolved at location level. Last week we received a voice mail from a woman (new employee) in Prince George claiming we owe them 3000.00 and if we didn't get in there and pay it immediately they would put a lean on our trailer. My husband called me very confused as we paid our deductible and signed and turned over the cheque from Intact insurance. Also confusing because they likely would not have let us pick up our trailer if the fees where not paid. When my husband called her back she informed my husband she was new and this unpaid invoice landed on her desk to collect. She had called and threatened us with only a fraction of the information. She had in fact called Intact Insurance to confirm if the payment had been made to them. At the time she called the computers at Intact were down. Rather than wait and call them back she chose to call and go right to jerk without having a clue if in fact the money had been paid. We can provide a cheque stub with the balance that was due upon completion. I have the closing statement form from Intact. This was handled extremely poorly. I then called and asked to speak with the manager. The receptionist said he wasn't available and demanded to know what the call pertained to. I asked to be put through to his voice mail as this matter isn't really any of her business. She claims there is no voicemail and she was it. Reluctantly I left my message. As you can imagine was extremely unhappy and got attitude from her regarding my complaint. I didn't feel like I was going to get a follow up call and what do you know I haven't! This was handled inappropriately. I am assuming they figured it out as we have heard nothing further from them including my request to speak with the manager. We will never deal there again. An extremely poor review will be left on their website and any social media site that cares to post it. I am so unhappy with the way we were treated. Completely unnecessary! Please do as you see fit to ensure this never happens to anyone else. Shawn and LeeAnne Sepke Prince George 250-613-****

User's recommendation: Don't deal with these idiots.

terry d Hjh

Negative experience

My wife and i went to Fraserway in Waverly Nova Scotia. The salesperson greeted us with; "are you leaving here with an RV today" This was our fifth stop at various RV locations that day. We are buying a new one but are shopping around. When we answered , "No Not today" everything changed, he was no longer interested in our business. As i mentioned, we are shopping for an RV , we were hoping for one that week. He was very short with us and did not want to spend time showing us anything. When we left my wife said, "we will not be buying our RV from Fraserway." So we decided to chalk it up to the fact that we are both Black and that is the reason for the disrespect.

User's recommendation: Do not shop at Fraserway

Sherard Vca
map-marker Kamloops, British Columbia

Fraserway RV kamloops deception and poor business practices

Fraserway RV kamloops deception and poor business practices
Fraserway RV kamloops deception and poor business practices - Image 2
Updated by user Oct 05, 2016

manager just offered to refund deposit. Once in hand I will mark as resolved only I am out still a couple of thousand dollars and personal hardship in this affair overall.

Original review Oct 05, 2016
Fraserway RV sales and manager were deceptive about a truck camper condition and about having torklift tie downs for my truck costing me thousands of dollars and personal hardship and yet the manager (Kamloops) refuses to return my 1000 deposit. They promised a timeframe (13 Sept 2016) and did not live up to it and not telling me they did not have tie downs in stock. They continued for weeks to delay. They did not inform me the camper was used by them for display, causing poor condition. Trusting them at their word has cost me thousands of dollars and Fraserway RV Kamloops is still refusing to return my deposit. personal losses of private nature are incalcuble. They insisted they were a reputable firm throughout, there should be a means to hold them accountable by the dealership (Fraserway RV headoffice)and they should lose the franchise.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Continued pressure and manipulation
  • Deception about camper and refusal to refund
  • Refusal to accept responsibility
Reason of review:
Not as described/ advertised

Preferred solution: Full refund

map-marker North Vancouver, British Columbia

*** repair job

Fraserway rv in Delta BC took my 2014 brand new Springdale 294 in for a warranty fix on the electric tongue jack. The problem with the jack was that water had gotten in the manual access cap, which is located on top of the jack, due to a deformed rubber gasket (my guess is this part costs less then a dollar) . The genius mechanic 'fixed' the problem by caulking the access cap on the outside. I suppose this will stop water from filling up inside the electric tongue jack again, but it prevents access to the manual override cranking bolt. This repairman also stripped 3 of he 5 screws holding the jack cover in place. Oh , by the way the repair to caulk the cap took over a week till they called me and said it was fixed. Glad I wasn't getting my wheel lugs tightened
Guest

As Canada's favourite RV dealer, we strive to give customers a first-rate experience. We are sorry to hear that yours was less than that.

We discussed possible solutions, as we did not have the proper seal in stock at the time. Fraserway is happy to replace the seal and cover that cost.

We will be contacting you to set up an appointment. Unfortunately, no warranty claim can be made as there is no fault to the manufacturer.

The service team at Fraserway RV in Delta is always ready to work with our customers to find solutions that work for them, and we hope you'll give us the opportunity to do so.

Kimo Linders, General Manager, Fraserway RV

RVs, Motorhomes and Trailers Expert Talks

RV Camping: Everything You Need to Know About RV Travel

Nov 13, 2020

RVs are popular this year. So, how do you plan an RV trip? What’s it like to live in an RV? Where to go RV camping in the US? We asked Mark Koep, an RV expert and the owner of Campground Views to answer consumers’ top questions about RV trips.

Read full article
Mark Koep
Mark Koep

Mark Koep is an owner of CampgroundViews.com and an RV expert, who knows everything about RV parks and campgrounds in the US.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article