Franks Automotive-Wichita Kansas

Franks Automotive is supposed to be a import, specifically Nissan car shop. I have an older Nissan 240sx and he has done a lot of work for me. Some of this work was very complicated and he did a good job. Well my drive shaft universal joints started sqeaking so I figured I would give him the business. I figured at least one, if not both of the u-joints would need replaced. The shop qouted me at $90 a u-joint intalled. So I brought it to them and turns out I needed both joints replace, no big deal. When I went and picked my car up I made it about a whole three blocks down the road before I turned around because I thought the driveshaft was going to fly apart due to horrible vibration. When I walked back in I told the guy that it was vibrating extremely bad and asked if he drove it. He said he had driven it and acted surprised that it was vibrating. He later told me that the u-joints were basically some retro-fit replacement that took a long time to put in and maybe he didnt get it balanced, and that he would look at it. Long story short, I had no transportation for an extra week and my drive shaft got ruined by these idiots. They generously gave my money back for the two u-joints that they put in, but not the labor they spent ruining my drive shaft. After this they said I had basically two options, have a local shop in Wichita cut the ends off and weld new ones on costing an additonal $250, or find a salvaged drive shaft. As one would guess with a twenty some year old car, I chose the salvage one and when all was set and done I was out around $290 for something they said they could do. I used to think Franks automotive did respectable business but it is clear now that when it comes anywhere near him losing money he will *** over, and I will never go back and tell anyone I know to avoid this place.

I'm sure there are a bunch of great experiences people have had there. He had been very good for me before...but I got screwed that time.

i have had alot of work done at franks and he is very honest and cheaper then most shops

I've brought a variety of cars into Franks Automotive. (See list below) I've been in the auto repair business, and seen first hand what can go on behind closed doors at a repair shop and the typical ethics and morals that linger in SO many repair shops. Franks is the only exception I have found out af multiple shops here in wichita to go above everyone else. He is very honest, hard working, and ESPECIALLY knowledgable with Nissans and BMWs. And its not that he isn't one of the best people to go to for every other kind of car, but that HANDS DOWN, he is the BEST in Wichita for ANY Nissan. He's done work on a car for me and also a friends car, that no one else in wichita would TOUCH, and he did a GREAT job! When you bring your car into Franks, take a look at the certifications and awards he might have on the wall, and the pictures with Nissans president, to name a few. Don't take just my WIDE perspective of Franks automotive, try going there yourself, and if you by any chance don't talk to a guy with a German accent by the time you are done, ask to talk to Frank himself, and he will be on the other side of the door to tell you anything you need about your car. :)

The cars he has worked on for me include a 00' nissan maxima, 91'and a 95' nissan 300zx Twin Turbo, 06' Mercedes c240, 04' Mazda RX-8, 06' Toyota Tacoma, 03' Nissan Altima, and a 06' Pontiac Grand Am.

Used Franks several times and he helped me out several times. They always have done a great job in the past and saved me $2400 dollars the last time when i was told by another shop i needed a engine.

(engine cranked over - no start) frank found the bolt missing in distributor.

35 dollars and 30 minutes later i was back on the road. Great job, thanks

Thanks for the info. I'd used Frank's in the past. Have you thought about small claims?

View more comments (4)
ID
North Hollywood, California
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article