Franklin Institute King Tut Exhibit

Based on a magazine article in "Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel" page 94 of the February 2007 issue I took my son to see "King Tut". The article read "Catch King Tut in Philadelphia" No where in the article does it say that King Tut is NOT actually in the exhibit. This was one of my son's dreams to see King Tut we had discussed it several times before. So when I saw this article and it stated it was the last stop on the tour I thought I better hurry up and get him to Philly to see the King. So I spent about $3000 on our trip which the sole purpose was to see King Tut. We got there saw the exhibit and NO Tut!! Well they had a coffin of a woman that was "possibly" his great grandmother or something like that. What a joke!! I stayed upbeat about the whole situation until my 12 year old son began crying and saying "they lied to us!" We asked a museum worker to explain where King Tut was with the response "oh he's still in Egypt too fragile to move but did you see the case that held his liver??" Whoop de do! I think the museum and the magazine owe my son and I an apology and to refund my cost of my wasted trip. I've written several letters and they will not respond. Although the Philadelphia Marketing Corp who posted the article wrote me a letter telling me that it was not their fault that the museum had approved the wording of the article. I not only feel they owe me a refund now but I feel this could be deemed or hinged on contributing to the deliquency of a minor. I feel like they are telling my son it's ok to place false adverstisement, to lie as long as you are above and beyond the law because they are a museum!
ID
Saginaw, Michigan
Loss

About

Franklin Institute FAQ
The Client's Membership is valid at the time of purchase and may be used immediately for access to the museum or for reserving tickets. Please be aware that all Members are required to present photo ID when checking in at the Membership or Ticketing Desk, whether The User have The User's Membership Card with The Client or not. If the Membership is purchased at the museum, The User will receive The User's Membership Card at that time. If the Membership is purchased online or over the phone, The User will receive a receipt via email. ATTACHED to that email is a temporary membership card, which can be used for booking advance tickets or to visit eligible ASTC Passport Program museums. The Customer's permanent card(s) will be printed at The Franklin Institute when The User of company services check in for The User's first visit. The expiration date of the Membership will be printed on The Client's Membership card.
To read more: https://www.fi.edu/member-faqs
Summary

Franklin Institute is a museum in Philadelphia named after American scientist and politician Benjamin Franklin. Franklin Institute is a also a place where Benjamin Franklin Memorial is located. This is one of the oldest scientific and educational centers in the United States. Franklin Institute was established in 1824. Franklin Institute offers a wide range of educational programs, exhibits, theaters (Franklin Theater, Planetarium and IMAX), attractions and events, Discovery Camp, Camp-In, and Museum Floor programs. Franklin Institute also has a store offering a great assortment of books and souvenirs. Every visitor can check for new event, exhibit or excursion online. Franklin Institute is the very place to have a good time.

Franklin Institute reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article