Franklin Fountain-Not So Sweet

It's unfortunate that the customer service at Franklin Fountain, especially it's manager's version of it, is not as sweet as its ice cream. Talk about subpar customer service! I had my boyfriend order me a sundae with cherry vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and raspberry sauce, and they rang him up a la carte, charging him $10 for a "sundae" that was AT MOST half the size of any of the listed sundaes on the menu.When my boyfriend came back to the car to give me the icecream which was much smaller than I'm used to, we had driven away and he told me he couldn't believe that they charged him $10 for the icecream. I was shocked as well, as I'm used to their sundaes being significantly bigger. I decided to call Franklin Fountain and explain the situation; that my boyfriend had ordered a sundae with these specifications, and they charged him a la carte which was not my boyfriend's fault. I calmly explained to first an employee, then the manager, that in the past, I have ordered sundaes off the menu and substituted flavors and toppings. In return, I got a massive sundae, well worth the $10! In this case, not only did we receive a pathetic amount of icecream, but when I called and spoke with the manager, he did absolutely nothing to accomodate me, even after I had first suggested if he give me a complimentary cone, and when he refused, a refund. He told me he could not accomodate me. As a loyal patron, I felt totally ignored and dismissed. Customer service! Please! Furthermore, I explained that I wanted to continue being a loyal customer to Franklin Fountain, but that if I wasn't going to receive the right customer service, I'd be forced to take my business elsewhere. He said non-chalantly, "That's fine," and then the manager HUNG UP ON ME! Honestly, for an establishment that celebrates Philadelphia's own Benjamin Franklin and a time long gone, they do a lousy job of acting the part.
ID
Aston, Pennsylvania
Loss

About

Summary

Franklin Fountain is a special ice-cream shop where you can buy handmade ice-cream of different kinds. Its receipts are taken from old cooking books of last centuries, when people new that eating should not be fast and your dessert is the most enjoyable completion of your meal. The shop was open in 2004 in Philadelphia with the mission to sell delicious and qualitative ice-cream steeped in ideals and sprinkled with the forgotten flavors of the American past. Franklin Fountain Ice Cream is made of the purest ingredients and packed in the original ice cream cups or put in special waffle cones that are rolled by a trained expert and backed on old-fashioned irons. In addition to ice-cream, the shop offers large assortment of homemade pies and cakes.

Franklin Fountain reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article