Advanced Reviewer

Ohio franklin county child support

Update by user Sep 30, 2012

They were aware of the over payments back in June 2012 when I called them. Again they just sorry!

Thought they would stop. How does the state holding money help support my kids? It doesn\'t. This questions is for the first commenter who is most like a receiver of past support!

It is just another gov\'t abuse. I am not and have not been behind on payments either!

And, I am absent do to a fatherless mother who does everything she can to make me absent! No other reason!

Original review posted by user Sep 30, 2012
Child support withholding overpayments and they just hold the funds related to over payment of support! You will not be notified by them that you have a credit due to over payments. You will have to contact them. Now if this is not a scam, I don't know what is! Not to mention the impact on your credit report when they see high child support amounts that are higher than they should be. They are nice enough to just hold on to the extra funds for me, but of course, no interest or anything. They will hold it until my kids are 18 yrs. old. At that time the interest on my 2 thousand plus overpayment would be quite substantial. The money could have helped me with my house payment, which I came close to losing. Or maybe even braces for my daughter! Everyone expects honesty from you, but see no need to give it back! Nice job Ohio. You cannot trust this agency! All they have to say is sorry! Really! OMG! This is nothing short of theft and deception! Even after they were contacted to date they are still over withholding, they won't stop! now it is close to 3.000 dollars. Gov't abuse!

I just had a case worker get loud/rude with me over the phone, unprovoked. Aside from trying to get ahold of a supervisor, is there a formal complaint process I can follow?

@PissedConsumer1095122

good luck with that they dont care. post more reviews

They stole from me also.Takes forever to receive a payment. And they are very rude.Very unprofessional.Now they say I have been overplayed.How??? Big scam.And they never want to peruse the father.

FCCS is beyond crooked and their support officer believe they are above recourse. Case in point- despite our court order spelling out the monthly obligation, the child support office decided to place a hold on our account, effectively collecting and then holding onto the support refusing to disburse it until I called.

They continue to collect and hold the funds until I call, then they keep a portion stating it is for health insurance. Um, I have held insurance in our kids since 2010 - why are they taking out of the money I am supposed to receive from him to take care of our kids?! The office now has decided that rather than release the monthly support they will refund to him and I can wait until the next payment, effectively the office sends me half of the court ordered monthly amount.

They said if I didn't like it I was welcome to hire an attorney. ***

Joan, in both of these cases the obligor's never missed a payment, never had an arrearage. None of the parents in these two cases ever received TANF (welfare) funds.

In the Dunlop case the obligor is also a custodial parent to the children with 50% parenting time, so the money the govement insits on keeping, can not go to pay the immediate needs of the children. Why don't you do your research and actually read the case.

Don't assume you know an obligor is an absent parent. hollins1, you are a waste of keystrokes.

There is much more to this story. The state of ohio is being sued for the over collection of child support in thousands of cases to the tune of 10s maybe 100s of millions.

See Dunlop v ODJFS also see Cullinan v ODJFS. The state's postion is that they can take any amount above your court ordered support obligation(after you pay taxes on the money in quesiton),and keep it until some unspecified later date. The hollins1 rant misses the mark.

The state unfortunately is willing to attack the property rights of even good parents who pay all their obligations on time. The state benefits by this sad behavior by collecting more federal funds for having high collection metrics.

@PissedConsumer550126

im quite sure that will go no where

GOOD COMMENT JOAN.Like i alway's inform each and EVERYONE who has fathered an child.STOP Complaining about taking care of your Child or CHILDREN.Their are also way's to PROPECT YOURSELF ALSO.Stop blaming everyone else for your problem's.BE A MAN AND SUIT UP,IF you do not wish to bring CHILDREN IN THIS WORLD.Also i am sure you are aware their are other way's to protect yourself also.When you LAY.Be prepared to PAY.If you are so caught up in the moment.Then prepare yourself before that moment actually take place.This is so simple.Actually you should not have an complaint.Acording to your POST.If you are caught up on your "CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENT'S "Then this is a plus to you RIGHT.Next time i bet you will be more CAREFUL HUH!

@hollins1

You obviously know nothing about how corrupt this system is.

Go to the next meeting of the gods of child support system and see for yourself how little the state actually cares about the well-being of children, and how much they focus of the almighty dollar.

There is more to this story than you are telling. Have you taken proof of the over payment in to the child support office for your area?

My guess is more than likely you have on occasion been in default on payments and IF you have actually made any over payments the money is being held in case it happens again, or even to make up for IF the custodial parent had to receive Aid For Families of Dependent Children or whatever it is called in Ohio. Do some investigating, instead of complaining.

Also the absent parent is supposed to be more concerned with supporting their children than worrying about how they live. That is part of being an absent parent, whatever the reason for being absent.

View more comments (9)
ID
Columbus, Ohio
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article