Verified Reviewer

Unresponsive, underhanded, thief/cheat

Once the contract was signed, getting him on the phone was about impossible. A job that was scheduled to start on Sept 10th, didn't start until the following year (Jan). Overruns ran into the thousands - and I find out that most of it was unneeded, unused, or simply stolen. Many of my custom fixtures that were hand-made had to be replaced due to "damage"; turns out his workers/kids were stealing them from my job and reselling them on the web! I find out he never pulled permits, never had any inspections, and charged me through the roof for all of them. My township is going after him as is the State of NJ. Just warning for anyone reading this, he trades as Frank Deutsh Electrical, Deutsch Electricians, Deutsch Plumbing, and Deutsch HVAC. He has many addresses, phone numbers, and getting him on the phone is impossible. He will give you a different address then he is currently using, will not return calls, or answer faxes/emails. His name on official documents is Benjamin F. Deutsch I went to his current business location, and he called the police on me and my attorney even gave the police one of his workers/kids' names to not identify himself. The cop had to demand his ID to make sure he was really who we said he was - almost got arrested for false identification, what a dumb move!

User's recommendation: Hire any other company than this one.

ID
Cons
  • No inspections
  • No return calls
  • No permits
Loss
Preferred solution
Day in court

Taken by Unethical Electrical Contractor

Frank Deutsch Electrical - Taken by Unethical Electrical Contractor
Update by user Jul 05, 2020

Be aware that he trades under Frank Deutsch Electric, Frank Deutsch Electrical Contractors, Deutsch HVAC, Deutsch Plumbing. Additionally, he is registered as Benjamin Deutsch. (There is a pattern here that is plainly obvious!)

Original review posted by user Jul 05, 2020
I own a smaller electrical supply shop in the general Philly area. For the past 25 years I have sold electrical equipment to contractors and on-the-know homeowners that know HD & Lowe's are not their go to places. I opened a line of credit for Deutsch when he landed a large job. Never had an issue with him before All went well for the first few months, then, he was getting late on his payments, until, one day, he evaporated, at least, only with me it seems, he was still operating, doing jobs and contracts, but actively evading me at all costs. I tried to track him down, and I come to find out he is not at the address on his forms, checks or what he provided me in the credit application, he provides his old address and phone number, not the address and phone where he is currently doing business. I know, seller beware, I placed too much trust in Deutsch, and he paid me back in spades; I now have $75,000.00/plus in debit that I am almost certain he will never pay. It is now up to the courts and hopefully the police to sort out. Don't fall for his line like I did.

User's recommendation: Urgent Caution Against Opeing Credit with this Individual.

#1972374

I hired him for a deck redo on a home purchase back in '17. Almost burned my place down with his incompetence, didn't even have business insurance, was all up to me and my homeowners.

#1972372

Im in the trade, best is to never do business with this guy, he is a deadbeat, I tried being a nice guy and he burned me everytime, Noone wants to dub under him on his jobs, never pays on time, always claims poorhouse-Wah!

#1950674
@Yordi Tvf

A thief, thru and thru, count your teeth when he's done

View more comments (3)
ID
#2034903 Review #2034903 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Cons
  • Credit fraud
  • Misappropriation
  • Theft
Loss
Preferred solution
Allowing my attorney to handle from this point forward, I desire no contact with Deutsch

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article