Foxy's Fitness Centers of Baton Rouge

Relating to issues dealing with contract cancelation: misleading, dishonest, deceptive, unethical, and unprofessional best describes the management at Foxy's Fitness Centers. I have documented proof from the Better Business Bureau and Attorney General's office of their dishonesty, deceptiveness, misrepresentation, and nondisclosure of policies and practices. Bottom line, go to another gym for fitness interest and needs. If you do find yourself having issues with Foxy's Fitness Centers; document everything, get everything in writing, do not take their word on anything, file complaints to the Better Business Bureau and Attorney General's office, get a lawyer! They literally do not care about your health and well being. They will be dismissive of needs, give you the run around, mislead you, misrepresent their services, deceive you, and attempt to manipulate things in order to avoid professional and ethical responsibilities and accountability. The management staff at Foxy's Fitness Centers literally has no concern for you or your well being and health.

In their contract it state being able to cancel contracts because of permant or prolonged injury sustained during contract period; which is my case. When I went in to see about canceling my contract or at least deferring it until a later date I was completely stonewalled by management. I offered to bring any and all medical documentation needed to establish the need to cancel the contract or defer it. They simply refused to acknowledge the situation even after I reported them to the BBB and Attny Gen's office. I attempted to contact them and settle the situation on three different occasions before reporting them to the BBB and Attrny Gen's. Each time I was ignored, dismissed, or they flat out stated they would not cancel the contract even though it states in their contract that it can be canceled due to permanent or long term injury sustained at their gym and participating in their programs.

Luckily, I have documentation showing violations of FCC and FTC laws by them and affiliated companies. So if they ever decide they want to pursue fulfillment of their contract I'll be able to present authorities with how they have violated Federal law.

Note to anyone and everyone, only join gyms who offer risk free month to month type contracts. Gyms who have 6,12, and 24 month contracts have them for a reason. The reason is they have no integrity and are not reputable. They think, cha-Ching.... Our job is over, they signed and we got their money. If anyone wants to cancel, they go into thug mentality mode. Sad part is, the owners pass them selves off as Christians and hustle Christian literature. Sorry, letting management handle business with a dismissive bully mentality is a corrupt one.

I'm not usually one to leave comments like this, as they usually never lead to anything productive, but I thought it appropriate to share this information with anyone looking to strike up a contract. If you're in the middle of a contract, and you lose your job, Foxy's Fitness will not cancel the contract.

I find this to be completely tasteless and unmerciful. I'm expected to put the 43 dollars towards a gym I go to occasionally, rather than towards food/gas for job searching etc. This is the primary reason I am not renewing.

The staff is pretty good to their people, but the inability of their contract organization to understand survival vs. pleasure circumstances is completely unacceptable.

View more comments (1)
ID
Holtsville, New York
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article