Donald A Gti

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Cleveland, Ohio

ELDER ABUSE

Welcome Back. Please help, this can happen to anyone. This is Donald Ardale. My sister, Mary Elaine Ardale, 81 years old in April, was taken from her apartment, Villa Serena, where she lived, by herself, for over 20 years, by Mayfield Heights Police, and locked up in Hillcrest Hospital, and is now locked up in Mayfield Heights Care Center, across from Hillcrest Hospital, combined lock up time for over two months, and unless someone helps, she will remain locked up for the rest of her life. She planned on leaving, only when she would die. She has lost her dignity, apartment, security deposit, and belongings, everything that I couldn't get to, not knowing what is in store for her. There is absolutely no reason this should have ever happened. I took her to every appointment that she had, I took her grocery shopping. She chose what she wanted from the shelves. She had a smart TV. She worked the two remotes needed to operate the unit. She showers, dresses, and does everything else herself, without any assistance. Does this sound like a person that is incapacitated? Her only problem is that when you meet her. The next day, she will not remember everything that was discussed, so what, neither will I. She is perfect in the moment. Probate Court Judge, Laura J. Gallagher, who never met my sister, anywhere, labeled her incapacitated. This began when my sister went to the social worker, at the Villa Serena, saying that she has been depressed, and seeking advice. Instead of calling me, everyone there knows me. He called the police. That is how he helped her. Some guy, maybe 30, did this to her. He should not be in that building. It is a Senior Citizen Apartment Building. He cannot relate to being mine, or her age. I don't know why he did this. Then at her hearing, which was on Zoom, she was in Hillcrest Hospital. She said that they put her in a room, gave her a phone, never explained what was going on, and on top of all her many daily med's, they had her on Seroquel. Twenty minutes later, Judge Laura J. Gallagher labels her incapacitated, and ordered her locked up in a nursing home, with no way out. I filed a motion to allow her to live with me, in my home, over a month ago, but still no hearing date has been set, and even then, it may not happen. I was in the Army in 1966 during the Vietnam war. If I knew this would happen in our old age, I would not have gone. What happened to America? There is a lot more to discuss, so please, can we meet with her, and then you can see what is going on?. She is across the street from Hillcrest Hospital, and her old apartment, Villa Serena, which is next to Hillcrest Hospital. I will meet you there at any time, and she will be there. She is not going anywhere. The place that she is at is disgusting, and should be shut down. They never clean the floors. I know this, because three weeks ago she dropped one of her pills. It is still on the floor, under her bed. She has gone day's without a pillow case, they do not have towels to use, only paper towels. Unlike a hospital, they do not give you a tooth brush, tooth paste, nothing. I had to go buy her everything and take it to her. She is diabetic, but for lunch they bring her two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, then for dinner, two toasted cheese sandwiches, in butter. That's four slices of bread, jelly, and they always throw several packets of sugar on her tray. No one took care of her like I have for years. She is suppose to be getting better care, than I can give her. I don't think that she will last six more months. She has given up hope. I had a periodontal appointment set for her, but she told them that she didn't want to go, so they said ok. Her last two appointments that I took her to was for scaling one side, and then the other. This was needed in order for them to start her implants that she did not go to. I asked what if she said that she didn't want to take her med's. They told me that they would not give them to her. They told me that they don't try to make her do anything. But they can sure lock her up. They tell me that she is not being abused. Are you kidding me. Locking someone up against their will is abuse to me. This story is huge. It can, and has happened to many people that hopefully come forward, after this is aired. No one before myself, reported anything like this. It makes me wonder how many people are in this same situation. We will never really know the true number. I have never seen anything like this aired before. This should not even happen outside the country, but it is happening here. Now she has nothing. Her only income was her Social Security, and I have been told after the hearing to the motion that I filed, they will take that also. Maybe if she can get out, someone may step up and help her begin the last chapter of her life. Thank you for listening. She would be better off in jail. I almost forgot. They are afraid that she may hurt herself, or someone. My sister, the Sister, was a Catholic Nun, reporting to Sr. Assumpta, the Cleveland Indians Baseball Nun, for approx.10 years. She does not want, nor will she, ever go to *** but some will, for what they did while on earth. That is up to GOD. Both Sr. Assumpta, and Sr. Mary Elaine Ardale, have left the sisterhood, and now, one is locked up.

User's recommendation: Everyone needs to have someone have full power of attorney to avoid being locked up against your will, by the court. That's insane. Isn't this America?

Duffy C

Verified Reviewer

Radar sucks, I mean I can't plan my day w Fox8 Weather, Radar

Forecast sucks. Not what it says. U can't plan ur day w undependable,Forecast. I used to. Every day look forward to what I can do, when, where - what by looking at the forecast. I have worked my Butt off them saying its not going to rain. It does. Things get wet. I'm going to delete my App,I can't depend on it. I think, Channel 12 beats Fox8. On their Weather. W Lanie Pope. Amen. I want Fox 8 to know That people are talking about the Radar, & they used to have a Video on the past, & that took that off. I used to brag to people how I could depend on Fox 8 weather. Now I can't. I'm deleting my Fox8 Weather.

User's recommendation: I would not depend on the Forecast, & Radar. For future planning of their day. They may get disappointed. I'm upset, Really am surprised how Fox 8 is bad on there Radar,,&

Lil Nas Mayfield school

I’m was very disappointed in Stef and Todd this morning praising the woman from Mayfield elementary school for having Lil Nas at the school leading the children in his singing his song. Have you read the lyrics of this song? Not appropriate for children. Even if he didn’t sing the 2nd verse with the children, they have it in their heads because unfortunately their parents play it in the car and at home. Schools have done away with Christmas songs that are about Jesus, but let the children sing about “cheating on my baby”, my life is ridin’ bulls and boobies. I’m not a “Jesus freak” just a mom and grandma that was shaking her head this morning in disappointment. Maybe the school can get Snoop Dog next time to come and show the children how to roll a tight joint. Facepalm

Media Expert Talks

Disinformation: Russian and Chinese trolls among us

Jun 16, 2022

How to know what’s fake on social media? In this video, Prof. Darren Linvill from Clemson University Media Forensics Hub explains how disinformation works, common tactics of political propaganda, the role of trolls, hashtags, and how to spot fake news.

Prof. Darren Linvill
Prof. Darren Linvill

Darren Linvill investigates data messaging and context accompanied by inauthentic behavior on social media networks. He also examines misinformation and disinformation in the rising field of social media forensics and data monitoring.

Brands Related to Fox8

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article