More stressed walking out than walking in

My boyfriend got me a gift to go here for a facial and a massage. First of all, a Spa in an office building? Really? Okay, so I figure I will give it a chance. Walk in and girls at front desk were pretty nice, so far so good. I get picked up and brought to the room to change in, nice clean lockers and area with showers and rooms to change in. Then I am told to wait for someone to get me in this gray, dreary room that looks like it belongs in a Dr.'s office or the DMV. Then I am picked up and have to walk upstairs to this room that resembles a cafeteria in my office building, and it is filled with people, both men and women. And I have to say that I was not happy that here I am in a bathrobe only in a room with men and women. If you want to be there with your man, there should be separate area for them. That was not relaxing at all for me worrying that maybe one of my *** might pop out of my robe! Then they brought me an Asian chicken salad - the only thing that made it Asian were the water chestnuts on the top. The dressing was balsamic vinegar - not even a soy ginger or something more Asian. Then after sitting there for an hour, I am finally picked up for my facial, and brought back down the stairs for that. I have to say the facial itself was amazing. Kishma who did it was fantastic and my skin had not looked that good in a long time. So then she takes me to that awful waiting room, where I sat waiting for the person doing my massage. I could see through a door a clock in one of the facial rooms that said 2:55 when I sat down. Now my boyfriend paid for an hour massage so check this out. The massage girl picked me up downstairs at 3:07 p.m., which I then had to walk up the stairs again (all this up and down definitely taking away from my relaxation state of mind) to get my massage. I get in the room she tells me what I need to do i.e. *** my robe and get under the covers face up - so I do that. By the time she came back in the room to start, I know it had to have been 3:15 at least. So she starts by putting lavender oil on my freshly facialed face that I was told by the girl who did my facial to not touch my face so it would stay looking great. Then the next step is to put my face in that circle part of the table which, yes probably ruined the rest of what the facial had accomplished as my face was laying on the paper in that thing for a few minutes. So then I am brought back down the stairs again to change into my clothes and check out in the boutique where I was told is just so they know I left the building. So I change, wash my hands, use the ladies room and go to the boutique. Look around for a little while, then go to check out and I am asked how I would be purchasing the products from my facial that day, and I said I did not want to purchase anything. How dare they assume that I wanted that stuff! So I leave, get to my car and realize that it is 4:10 p.m. which means that my massage was not even close to an hour as I know it took me way longer than 10 minutes to get down the stairs, change my clothes, go to the bathroom, and walk around the store. So the massage started late and obviously ended early. And whoever thought to schedule my facial before my massage was not too bright - it should have been the other way around. Just not impressed overall, I would never go back there and to all the people in that area that think it's the best place to go - They need to get out more.
ID
Freeport, New York
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article