Be careful when you sell on www.foto.no

Foto.no has a long history of letting their users writing bad things about their users on their camera forum. If a sale go wrong and the sold item is not delivered to the buyer they allow the buyer to write insulting posts on their user forum about the seller. I sold a camera that did not arrive to the customer. I guess something went wrong with the parcel service and they blamed it on me. They mentioned my name and even my bank account number. Do not risk your reputation. Stay away from foto.no If you talk to them. They will not listen to your version of the story. So just stay away from foto.no. Better you find another website to sell your camera. I will never deal with foto.no again.

I have sold on your website. But I deleted my account after all the negative comments in your forum.

A forum that exposed both my name and my bank account number.

I will never trust www.foto.no again, and I will never use www.foto.no in the future. I will do my best to spread to world about how www.foto.no harass their users.

@PissedConsumer1475068

Actually, there is only one user that has ever been exposed like that on the forum, and that is a person who regularly try to sell stuff and never send the items. Our users have had quite enough of that, and want to warn others.

This is not one case, it is quite a few. Always the same person, always the same bank account number.I don't find that a reason to stay away from foto.no.

Rather the contrary. It shows that the site and its users take such matters seriously.

@PissedConsumer1477784

What if somebody is using this person to scam. Maybe he is innocent and just used by a hacker.

@PissedConsumer1477980

The bank account is in this persons name. If someone else have taken control over his bank account, that is an extremely serious matter, he should contact the police.

He doesn't.

Instead he posts things like this. He has also theatened our readers that have posted things about him.He has also threatend foto.no with revenge, by scaming the users - basically he admits that he is the one who has been doing this all along.I (the editor of foto.no) and the users he have scammed have kindly asked him for tracking number for parcels he clamis to have sent, but have never given any.His posting here is part of his revenge because he has been exposed, and because we take measures to make it difficult for him.It is very sad really.

@PissedConsumer1477784

Says the owner of the webpage. Very trustworty.

The actual user account is now closed. That is why you can not find the comments any more.I will be more than happy to copy similar comments from your forum and paste it here, both in norwegian and translated to english.

This user has never sold a a camera on Foto.no, and therefore never received a comment. He has not linked to any such comments, and does not answer when I try to call him to understand what he is referring to.

@PissedConsumer1473448

false and untrue feedback

View more comments (7)
ID
Pros
  • Site design
Cons
  • Do not listen to reason
  • Bashing users
Reason of review
hanging out their users / customers
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article