John D Mvo

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Chelmsford, England

Lost my locking nut and blamed me !

I checked that I had the nut in the boot before leaving home. On arrival, they asked, after a 40-minute wait, where the locking nut was.

They had misplaced it and said it was not there. I spoke with the manager, who said they would look at the CCTV. It's amazing how their CCTV can see through metal into a boot to see what's happening with a small nut. I spoke to him three days later and he said they had reviewed the footage and nothing was taken from the boot.

I then received a call from the area manager after raising a complaint, who said he has requested the CCTV footage. Clearly, someone was lying, as the branch manager said it had already been reviewed. They admitted no liability.

Peugeot locking nuts cost £175+vat, and it cost me an additional £70 to have them welded and removed. This will be going through small claims court due to their incompetence.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Local
Cons:
  • Poor and incompetent

Preferred solution: Compensation for replacement parts.

User's recommendation: Avoid this place Chelmsford branch.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article