Formals XO - Very rude and unethical

Formals XO - Very rude and unethical
We went to Formals XO KOP & purchased a prom dress, no alterations needed. My daughter puts on her dress prom nite, stepped outside to take pictures and we saw a little pile of sequence. We picked up her dress & tied knots to stop it from falling. Went inside & saw a sequence trail behind her. We got safety pins & the gown was secured with a bunch of safety pins. There was a bare spot approximately 5" x 4" wide, the sequence was gone & shear piece of cloth was left. We called the store that nite & the woman told us to go right to the store. Not possible since her prom was in two hours! She said to come the next day & she'll do something for us. I drove 30 min to the store & Betty said I never called the store the nite before. I have 10 witnesses to the call. She said take the dress with me and she promises to take care of things once her busy time was over. I never heard from her & had to email her. She said I can pay to send the dress to the designer & they will fix it. She was no help at all. I called the designer to see if they would do something for me since we spent $318 on a dress that fell to pieces.After investigating I learned the faultiness could be because the sequence dress is very delicate and who knows how long it was sitting in the store, how many people tried it on, & if it was properly taken care of. I emailed Betty immediately to see what she was going to do. She said to send the dress back & she'll work something out with me after the dress is sent back. Betty wouldn't not return my many calls/emails. She even promised to pay for shipping, but again refused to return my calls and emails. I opened up a complaint with the BBB and I have proof that Formal XO lied about our interaction and the promises she made. BBB closed the complaint because after fighting this for several months, the store finally agreed to pay the shipping which they agreed to months ago. We will take the shipping money but want an apology as well.
ID
Cons
  • Rudeness of the staff and how unethical the manager is
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article