Foreign Currency Exchange Services, Birmingham MI : No Mention Of Transaction Fees

I ordered 395 EUROS from Foreign Currency Exchange Services in Birmingham, MI for which they charged to my VISA credit card. When I received the credit card statement I discovered that VISA had charged an additional $ 21.72 "cash-equivalent transaction fee" because Foreign Currency Exchange Services is classified as a "non-financial institution-foreign currency". I complained to Foreign Currency Exchange Services that they should mention this on their web site, i.e. if I would have known this I would NOT have purchased EUROS from them. They have refused to refund this transaction fee, and their web site also does not list that there is a $ 15 delivery fee. The total cost of this purchase including all extra fees was $ 564.84 for 395 EUROS which is an effective exchange rate $ 1.43 per EURO. Do NOT do business with Foreign Currency Exchange Services in Birmingham, MI; they o not disclose these extra fees !

Being one of the owners of Foreign Currency Exchange Services (FCES), I feel I need to respond to Mr. Rhscholz (above). When the Euro was ordered, I placed a call to Mr. Rhscholz and we discussed the exchange rate, the amount of Euros to be received and shipping cost BEFORE it was charged to his VISA card. At that point, he could have said "No thank you." In fact, after he received the currency, he called me stating he was happy with the order from us.

After Mr. Rhscolz received his bank credit card statement, he found out that his bank had charged him a "cash advance fee" and called me to inquire about it. Originally, his bank told him that we had charged him the extra fee of $21.72. FCES had nothing to with the fee. Our credit card processor has set us up to accept credit and debit cards to be displayed as a charge to their account. What the bank does after that is not under our control. We were not aware that banks would change from a credit card charge to a cash advance - we have since made placed a disclosure on our website regarding this.

We did offer 2 solutions to Mr. Rhscholz's concern:

1) We offered a refund on his VISA credit card via Mr. Rhscholz giving us another form of payment - such as a VISA/MasterCard debit card. He did not accept this solution.

2) As a goodwill gesture, we offered to pay half of his cash advance fee even though the bank had charged him the fee - this was also refused by Mr. Rhscholz.

We have have always been there, willing to work with Mr. Rhscholz.

To Noe Rosales:

A look at "International Currency Express Inc." website, I was unable to locate a disclosure about credit card cash advance fees. In addition, our exchange rates (on 9-10-10) for Euro was less expensive. In fact, a customer would receive an extra 5 Euro from "the other guys" (FCES) for the same $500. Please, before making such statements, you should know the whole story.

I am sorry to hear of this happened to you. When buying foreign currency, you should not have to pay through the nose for it. Unfortunately, it all depends on "where" you buy your foreign currency.

I have always told my clients that they should buy the currency locally before they go on their trip. Depending on where you are going, the rate may be sold at a more competitive rate in the US.

I am the General Manager at "International Currency Express Inc.",we are not associated with that company. If and when you need foreign currency, come check us out. Everything is said upfront with no hidden costs or fees. When we encountered a problem such as yours, we made sure to refund ALL our clients who were affected.

Hope you had a great trip.

Cordially,

Noe Rosales

View more comments (1)
ID
#197664 Review #197664 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Williamsport, Pennsylvania

About

Foreign Currency Exchange Privacy Policy
Foreign Currency Exchange Services is committed to protecting The Client's privacy. That is why The Company have adopted this Privacy Policy. This Privacy Policy is intended to describe how The Client's personal information is processed and used, and Website will make every effort to ensure that Foreign Currency Exchange's' activities keep within the spirit of this Privacy Policy. Please note that by visiting this site, The User of Website are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Policy. Every computer connected to the Internet is provided with a domain name (e.g. When a visitor requests a page from within the Foreign Currency Exchange Services website, Foreign Currency Exchange's' Web Servers automatically identify and log the HTTP request that is made to Company's Web Server. This information reveals nothing personal about The User The Product Identifier for Version and Make of Browser (e.g.
To read more: https://www.fceservices.com/index.php?page=privacy-statement
Foreign Currency Exchange FAQ
A crucial step in travel planning, often overlooked, involves the acquisition of foreign currency. Foreign Currency Exchange maintain a wide variety of foreign currencies. The Customer's special currency requests are Company's forte. Because it can take a lot of time, and rip-offs abound, especially in major tourist areas. Business hours and holidays are not the same in other countries, and banks there may be closed when The Client of Foreign Currency Exchange least expect it. Also, many countries have no currency exchange facilities in airports, railroad stations and other points of entry. When exchange facilities are available in the airport, lines are often long, and rates are often high. The Customer's travel time is very valuable, and The Client don't want to spend it searching for a bank. Changing money before The Customer go buys The Client peace of mind. Credit cards are convenient, however; many small businesses may not accept them.
To read more: https://www.fceservices.com/index.php?page=travel
Summary

Foreign Currency Exchange Services is a company that provides a wide range of currency solutions. Foreign Currency Exchange Services has more than 28 years of experience in the industry. Customers can buy currency from the FCE online, over the phone or in person. If you are seeking for profitable and effective currency solution, this company is one of the best to apply to. Foreign Currency Exchange Services buys and sells foreign currencies (more than 60 currencies in stock), beats airport rates, provides optional courier service and many more. Hundreds of people have already made sure Foreign Currency Exchange Services is worth dealing with.

Foreign Currency Exchange reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article