BEWARE!!!

The good people who had been there since the beginning are no longer there. The new regime consists of daddy & daughter and it is nothing for them to be rude, obnoxious & intimidating in getting you to purchase from them. We've been a contractor for years using them. The place has a whole different feel to it and it's not good. We have witnessed them being totally, out of line, rude to their own employees as well. The place is spiraling out of control since they took over and it is so sad because it was an excellant place for us to do business before and we could count on our work getting done cheerfully and without all this negativity. BEWARE!
ID
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Never trust Focal Point Flooring

This company, chosen by the contractor, had the worst selection "in my budget" basically beige or darker beige. Then they installed the wrong tile, put neon yellow grout in, didn't install the tile level and put slice marks in the carpet. They seemed annoyed that they had to come back to take care of their own screw-ups. Find out that the bill came to close to $20,000 for tile and carpet I could have picked up at Home Depot for $0.56/0.99 a sq foot. Apparently when my contractor didn't immediately pay them they started calling and harassing me, yelling at me, calling me a deadbeat and hanging up on me when I asked for a detailed bill. Then I noticed they had charged for sq footage that didn't exist. When I tried to get the bill rectified they wouldn't respond to me, then they were rude to me, then they used intimidating tactics to try to scare me into paying thousands of dollars for areas that did not exist. I told them to come out and measure and all of a sudden they started talking about how I was given a bunch of free extras that I never got billed for and if they had to come out and measure they would be sure to charge me for the extras. Worst company ever. I encourage everyone to avoid them unless you like getting bent over and wallet raped.

We used to use Focal Point for many of our housing projects but have come to descover that the principle owner of the company is a shyster through and through. Has absolutely no regard for anyone but himself and his own wallet.

Removing key people within the company (whom we contractors used to work successfully with) just to firm up his own ego, is no way to do business. There are other flooring/interior design contractors out there, and we will use them from now on.

Too bad, why would you run a business so successful straight into the ground.

This sounds like the Focal Point Flooring in Minnesota, is there another company in North Carolina too or is the location listed wrong?

@Faustino Ble

It's the one in MN

I heard the vice president was related to the billing manager, maybe they cover for each other.

View more comments (3)
ID
Wendell, North Carolina
Loss
$19294

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article