Florida's Concierge Group

Went to their pitch. Made a purchase for their package at several thousand dollars. I figured there was no risk because there was a 3 day right of rescission. I went home to do research and found that they are simply resellers for Reservation Services International. During their presentation, they kept emphasizing that when we would book trips, they not only didn't make a commission, but on top of it, if they received a discount on a trip, we would share in that discount. What I realized is that the only money Florida Concierge Group makes, is on the sale of the membership – that night. This isn't necessarily bad. Then, I became more suspicious. Their pitch and their website (http://flcgt.com/about) supports "Congratulations are in order! You've just joined an exclusive club… and you're in good company, because over 300,000 other people have made the very same decision." I figured, any company that has 300,000 members has got to have some followers on Facebook and at least a couple of either founded or unfounded complaints against them that I could Google. I found a Facebook page with 4 followers. I checked the Florida division of corporations to find the company had been issued a Florida license (not under TRAVEL as their material says but as a General Business) only 4 months prior to their Melville Long Island presentation. I checked the Florida BBB, no complaints. I Googled for comments – good or bad, still nothing. At their Melville presentation, they made a point to mention several times, that they were opening an office in Huntington, NY and even offered an extra incentive for "this week only", that friends and families could take advantage of our membership to use the service with no fee. This was to celebrate their move into the local market. The same night of the presentation, I called the credit card companies I had used, to cancel the transaction. In addition, the "contract" I signed said, if you want to cancel, you have to send back ALL the material to them and have it in their hands WITHIN the 3 Days. So, the very next morning, I overnighted ($45 bucks USPS) all their material back to them. Note: I called my credit card company and tried to cancel the transaction. While both Master Card and American Express lead you to believe it's possible to do that .. you really can't. They'll investigate your claim but in the end, they're not going to cancel the transaction, or negotiate for you and get your money back. So I went back to the presentation the following night and they indeed WOULD allow me to cancel my membership. HOWEVER, they wouldn't do it, unless I signed another document confirming that I would be liable for a $495 fee, which supposedly covered their costs for "setting up my account". It wasn't even 24 hours when I went back, let alone 3 days! Now... I will say that one of my cards was never charged the very large membership fee of several thousand dollars. That charge never came through. My Amex was charged the $495. In my case I paid the $ 495. American Express didn't do a thing despite when I called them the first night the told me" Mr. X... I want you to know you have absolutely nothing to worry about. We will take care of this. Cross it off your list and don't worry another minute of it." In the end all they did was send me copies of the contract and the second document I signed saying I'd be charged $495. Worthless. The way I see it is that if I wanted to cancel, I shouldn't have had to sign another document saying that if I canceled I'd still have to pay $495. Canceling is canceling everything and there shouldn't be a fee for doing it.
ID
Hicksville, New York
Pros
  • Pitch it made sense if you like to travel
Cons
  • Return or refund policy
Reason of review
Pricing issue

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article