They’re the Best!

Florida Wild Veterinary Hospital - They’re the Best!
Florida Wild Veterinary Hospital - They’re the Best! - Image 2
Dr.Schrager & her staff are the best! As soon as you walk in the door, it’s a warm & fuzzy feeling. They’ve treated my pups Auggie & Callie with nothing but love & kindness. Love
Good customer service

Awesome!!!

Our dog Jill was having serious anxiety and Anal gland troubles. Dr. Mason and Dr. Holder and their assistants were totally dedicated to make Jill comfortable and happy. I am so glad to say that she is doing great. After trying a few medicines/herbs/oils they finally found the perfect formula for her. We have our old dog back. She is happy and fun! Her anal glands have settled down and she is no longer licking or chewing her back side and she the pain appears to have subsided, although they gave me medicine to keep on hand in case the symptoms start up again.
Pros:
  • Care and compassion they give to our animals
Good customer service
Guest

They sell or try to sell you stuff you do not need. They do not have enough help so it takes forever to get meds etc..

I sm an RN so I know that they are guessing a diagnosis sometimes. They are very expensive, not sure the are worth it.

Guest

This is a complaint website.

It is not a forum for apple polishing or free advertising.

I'm glad your dog's anal glands are better.

I'd be willing to be that calmed her anxiety ; it works for me.

View more comments (1)
Yaritza Yww

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Deland, Florida

Bad business practice

Updated by user Jan 12, 2017

We have 5 Maltese dogs, we took all five for their annual checkup, shots and any other issues, they found a puffy section on the older one,they told they needed to anaylize it, test it,and open it. After two weeks of surgery,medications and pain, they told us the tail needed to be amputated.

After spending hundreds of dollars, they told us that the tail results were negative. Than the younger one the found a puffy section on his throat, they wanted to do the same...double the exspense.

Original review Jan 11, 2017
Don't let Florida Wild Vet talk you into extra services, specially when its for their profit interest, not the pets interest. They will try to talk you into services, medications, and surgeries that pet may not need, I would advise a second opinion. I would advised not to go there period. My favorite pooch almost died because of the inexpierence. They seem to use your pet as a ginnea pig to try medications or experiments before concluding, if they get to that point, meanwhile your pet is going through changes, suffering or worst dying for their own knowledge. I advise to go over their business reviews and customers comments. You not regret it if you love your pet, as I do...
$2000
Bad quality

Preferred solution: Full refund

Guest

They always sell you things you do not need or try to sell them to you. They take an hour or more to see clients, hint FW, dogs and cats do not like to have to sit too long in one place!

You should know this. They do not have enough help so even getting the bill took me 15 minutes. I am a nurse and I know that sometimes they are just guessing about the diagnosis.

This recently happened to me, the vet had no clue as to what was going on with my pet, but she ordered meds anyway. Hello not good medical practice to just guess.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1415958

I have had the same experience. Recommended things that were excessive. Care plan covers little to nothing.

Guest

Many animal owners have told me the Same story

View more comments (2)
Nikie Grd

LIARS NEVER SIGN THEIR NAMES

Florida Wild Veterinary Hospital - LIARS NEVER SIGN THEIR NAMES
Anonymity is what cowards and liars hide behind. When you submit a review, rage against someone or a business, and don't have the courage to sign your name then you are definitely not only a coward but you're lying. You do this to get back at people because you're weak or jealous. These negative reviews hold no merit, no truth. In fact this is the only veterinary hospital in DeLand that gives unprecedented and expensive service to dog and cat rescues. They take in sick and injured wildlife from 4 counties, pro bono, so trash talking this place is done by trash talking people who have no basis for their anonymous claims.
Pros:
  • Brilliant veterinarians
  • Water treadmill treatment
  • Physical therapy
Reason of review:
They are simply the best around. They have never turned down our animals even when they knew they were not going to be paid.
Guest

This response alone makes me believe that anything negative said about you or your place of business is probably true. Good work.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1092546

Yep another anonymous coward - someone who in fact hasn't been to FloridaWild, knows nothing about it, or is in competition and just wants to trash the best hospital around. No name means worth nothing.....

View more comments (1)
Leda Ovc
map-marker Orlando, Florida

They stole our pet

A friend of mine took three kitties to this Vet we had found under our house. He said she was a good friend and would treat them well. He wanted to keep the other two kitties and we were keeping one of them. The one we were keeping had a problem with his leg and so Jeff took them to this vet to have the leg checked out. The Vet said the leg was broken but she would put it in a splint. We were happy and checked on his progress. Got x-rays and updates by text. She told us it would be a $75 fee for his medical bill, which I agreed. I kept asking and asking when we could pick him up...But then she started stringing us along. I could tell something wasn't right. Finally after calling and calling, and they figured I wasn't going away, they finally admitted that they gave him away. I brought him in for CARE and they adopted him out. I have never been more livid in my life. DO NOT trust this vet. My seven year old daughter is crushed. And rightfully so.
they gave away my pet.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Jim C Kke

AWESOME

Thank you FloridaWild!!! After being incorrectly diagnosed for months, my puppy with chronic diarrhea and ear infections is finally better!!! Dr. Holder and Dr. Rand diagnosed his food allergies. Since then, he has had no diarrhea or ear infections and he is not itchy anymore. My wife and I were taking him to the vet every 3-4 weeks and no one even mentioned food allergies. We spent hundreds of dollars on expensive testing and medications. I am so happy that he is gaining weight now and is full of energy. I tell everyone I can about FloridaWild Veterinary Hospital. They did an outstanding job.
map-marker Orlando, Florida

FloridaWild Veterinary Hospital is AMAZING!!

I have yet to go to a veterinary hospital where the staff and doctors spend so much time and are so educated. My dog received Eastern and Western treatment and today is doing so much better. FloridaWild has a separate room that is calm and quiet to perform the acupuncture. My dog was so relaxed throughout the entire process. When he has to come back to FloridaWild, he knows we are getting closer in the car and starts getting so excited. I thank them from the bottom of my heart. I have been to many veterinary hospitals in my years and there is absolutely NONE that compare.
AlisonS

Florida Wild Veterinary Hospital is Incompetent

Dr Holder is BAD NEWS. She claims to be great at holistic veterinary medicine but she is NOT Board certified in that area! After charging me over $800 for supplements, blood work, etc. I still did not have an answer for why my dog was so sick. I decided to go to a REAL holistic veterinarian in Winter Park. That vet was shocked how incompetent Dr Holder was. She said that Dr Holder had prescribed the completely wrong medications for my dog and that they were potentially harmful. Dr Holder was very arrogant and it really seemed like she was in this for the money. She became very defensive when I asked very basice questions. Her technician was also incompetent. I even asked the technician if she was new and she told me she had been there for a "long time". She was unable to properly restrain my small, gentle dog. You could tell that Dr Holder became annoyed and they took my dog to another room and were gone for 45 minutes to draw blood. My dog came back with 4 bleeding legs and a swollen neck. When I asked what happened, they dismissed it and said she had bad veins. The vet in Winter Park was able to draw blood from her front right leg on the first try. What is most frustrating is that my dog was misdiagnosed, manhandled and given the wrong medications. I do not recommend this veterinarian to anybody.

Dr. Holder and Dr.

Schrager are hands down the most compassionate vets I have ever known.

They try their best in every case while providing the utmost care to my dogs. For anyone to say anything unkind about them leads me to believe that they are the type of people that enjoy being nasty.

Guest

Drs Holder and Mason have the best veterinary practice I have ever experienced. Dr.Holder has done acupuncture surgery and prolonged the lives of my canine family for over ten years

Dr.

Mason did emergency surgery on a rescue I have for pyametria

I cannot say enough good things about this hospital. I almost forgot that they also take in Wild animals and strays. My husband and I Love them.

Sincerely Lyn Collina. Figuza

Guest

Worth every penny!!!!! no one could tell me what was wrong with my dog until i landed here!!

they are amazing and well versed. my vet was over medicating my dog and doing more harm that good!!!! i would never go anywhere else for my pets health!!! i don't care what the cost.

And by the way all the money i spent trying to figure out what the problem was cost me more than what i spent here.

I would of saved money if i only went here first!! don't look anywhere else if you truly love your pet!!!

Guest

You Florida Wild fans all sound like a bunch of nuts!!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-813319

And who are you to pass judgement!

Guest

This bad review of Florida Wild is total BS. We have taken two exotic animals to their practice, and all of the veterinarians and techs were extremely gentle and thorough in their examinations.

Our eldest daughter is out of state, and received her DVM from one of the top three veterinary schools in the country. She is now pursuing her PhD for a possible research career in Veterinary Internal Medicine. Our daughter agreed completely with how Florida Wild diagnosed and treated our pets, which were not easy diagnoses.

To Dr. Holder and everyone else at Florida Wild we say, "Keep up the great work!"

Leanda Czw

The review was not posted by me, The real Karen K Clark. There is a very sick person out there degrading many veterinarians under the name "karensicko". Florida Wild had absolutely nothing to do with the City of Deland Animal Control's confiscation of the ARK animals. But First of all, any posts degrading the West Volusia Humane Society, Deland Police and certain City of Deland, Fl employees,Deland Animal Hospital and Val U Vet and all employees are NOT BEING POST BY ME. There have been many posts by several people under ASSUMED names with letters and numbers THAT INCLUDE MY NAME. They do not have the guts to POST THEIR REAL NAMES & meet face to face. They are cowards that are what appears to be blinded by some loyalty/ attachment to a "Animal RESCUE" Charity in Deland that had MULTIPLE NEGLECT/ abuse CHARGES LEVIED AGAINST THEM AS WELL AS FIRE CODE VIOLATIONS. IT DID MAKE TV NEWS last fall. OVER 130+ ANIMALS IN DEPLORABLE CONDITION. THEY HAD OVER 3 MONTHS TO CLEAN UP AND COME TO CODE. I still remember the comments on TV as stated by multiple station reporters, "You can smell it from here". They were on the street and sidewalk.That's neglect. Go after them. I really believe they do not "SAVE".

I believe This is why there are an unusual amount of posts everywhere regarding the hospitals involved with the action by police and the mistaken association of Florida Wild. This creates controversy so all it appears to be is to get good and bad publicity out there .

karen c Npb

AlisonS is me, Karen Clark. So I got carried away with jealousy.

And I'm also *** so what can I say? duh...... Maybe that's why I keep getting kicked out of all the non profits I start.

I began to cause trouble. Alison, Karen, Gloria, Alison, just can't keep up with all the names I use.

karen c Npb

KAREN CLARK IS MY NAME. Don't forget it!!!

I LOVE FLORIDA WILD AND I ADMIT THAT I WROTE THAT UGLY COMMENT ABOUT THEM. They are such brilliant doctors; the building is beautiful and they do fantastic work. I got carried away with my lies and I apologize. Now I can't take it back.

it's all over the internet. BUT IF YOU KNOW FLORIDA WILD THEN YOU KNOW THAT I WAS BEING MY USUAL SICK SELF.

Sorry Florida Wild. Please forgive me.......................

karen c Npb

I HATE TO ADMIT IT BUT I WROTE THE UGLY COMMENT ABOUT FLORIDA WILD. My name is Karen Clark and I am completely disgusted with myself for what I did and now I can't take it back.

Those doctors are brilliant. The best in Florida! I have started half a dozen non profits for animals and I AM AN AUTHORITY ON GOOD SERVICES AND CARING VETERINARIANS. This hospital is terrific and I STAKE MY NAME and REPUTATION - KAREN CLARK - ON THIS.

My vote is for this hospital above all others in Florida. YOU GO FLORIDA WILD AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

View more comments (13)

Karen Clark Loves Florida Wild Veterinary Hospital

I hate ANYONE who says something bad about Florida Wild Veterinary Hospital. That is the most awesome place. And to think that people can just make up lies and not sign their name! I call that a coward. A big fat ugly coward. I am not afraid to sign my name! I am Karen Clark and I love Florida Wild Veterinary Hospital! FloridaWild is the best hospital in Florida. They have the kindest staff, the most beautiful facility, and two brilliant doctors. As one who knows all about animals because I have started almost a dozen animal non-profit organizations I KNOW THE BEST. Though I keep getting kicked out of these groups after people get to know me I LOVE FLORIDA WILD!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article