YOU, Florida Today, are a J-O-K-E!

FLORIDA TODAY IS A JOKE! After having 30 minutes of my time wasted today, I’m left with my blood boiling and my issue unresolved! First, I’d like to tell you that we’ve been longtime customers of Florida Today for decades, both as home delivery subscribers and business advertisers. Second, both my husband and I were longtime employees at The Ft. Lauderdale News, so we are very well versed in how newspapers operate. My husband and I stopped remitting payment for the newspaper in October because WE ONLY RECEIVED IT ABOUT HALF OF THE TIME! Seriously! And we tired of phoning to report a ‘missed delivery’ when it was clearly much more than that! My husband also tired of having to drive to purchase a newspaper several times a week because Florida Today couldn’t toss one in our driveway! Only because my elderly parents are coming to visit, did I decide to again ATTEMPT to start home delivery because THEY enjoy a morning newspaper. Imagine my surprise when, after I’d already spent time online attempting to re-subscribe (but their site is not properly working), I phoned their ‘Customer Service’ line, a term that I use lightly and find laughable. RENEE, in GREENVILLE, SC was unbelievably rude, talking over me, interrupting, literally badgering me, and generally being obnoxious. (I invite anyone to listen to that recorded phone call! You will find it enlightening.) We own multiple businesses, and I assure you that if we EVER had an employee speak to one of our customers like that, the employee would be GONE before she could hang-up her phone! We VALUE our customers and spend money to obtain AND retain them! I even stopped Renee and calmly asked, “WHY are you treating me like this?” She was snotty and said, “I’m just explaining that because you did not pay your bill, that we will have to charge you an additional fee. I can give you to a manager, if you’d like.” (I declined.) Renee couldn’t have cared less about salvaging a longtime customer and advertiser, any more than she obviously cares about her job. Now, for the record, they show that we about $24 (give or take) and it is BECAUSE MY HUSBAND SAID, ‘IF THEY DON’T DELIVER, WHY SHOULD I PAY FOR IT?’ But I had already told Renee I’d be happy to clear-up the balance and also give home delivery another try - against my husband’s wishes and better judgement. She was so obnoxious, treating me like I was a piece of garbage and completely ignoring the REASON that we didn’t blindly remit payment for a product we’d only erratically received! She sniped, “Well, because you’ve got a past due bill, you’d be a new customer now and we’ll have to charge you a fee of $4.95 to restart your account!” ARE YOU PEOPLE REALLY SERIOUS? Believe me when I tell you that the outstanding invoice amount is of no consequence, one way or the other. (In our businesses, we generally DELIVER before we expect to COLLECT a payment though!) I can NOT stand to be nickeled and dimed, and now ABUSED, especially by a company that hasn’t even PROVIDED THE PRODUCT FOR WHICH IT BILL - NEVER MIND THE FACT THAT I HAD ALREADY AGREED TO HAND OVER THE BALANCE, although Florida Today failed to consistently provide delivery! I regularly receive calls soliciting us as advertisers with Florida Today, but I can promise you that because of Renee’s abusive, rude behavior, we will not be spending another dime with Florida Today - for home delivery OR advertising - and I will make it my business to share this incredulous episode with everyone I know and throughout social media. Florida Today doesn’t deserve to be in business! I've already started a subscription with The Orlando Sentinel, and their representative was polite, friendly, and appreciative of the business!
ID
Cons
  • Being abused
  • Being talked over
  • Being interrupted
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
I suspect no one cares, one way or the other; but I'd immediately fire 'Renee in Greensboro' before she loses ALL your customers!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article