Lori C Wnk

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Violated their contract with my insurer-Balance Billing

Florida Cardiopulmonary Center - Violated their contract with my insurer-Balance Billing

I had an annual check up with my cardiologist specialist. My Co-Pay is $50.00.

When I arrived the (not so Friendly receptionists) stated I owed $110.00. I questioned the amount. Verified there were no additional testing to be done during this visit and that they were still in my network. She stated the amount of $110.00 is for the $50.00

co-pay and toward my deductible.

I contacted my insurance company while waiting in the waiting room to confirm. My medical insurance agent advised all I should be charged for the visit is $50.00. The insurance agent asked to speak to staff, she refused to speak to him. Instead she tossed a number and with an extension for him to call.

My insurance agent put me on hold and made several attempts to call and know-one answered. I then asked to speak to a manager, advised my insurance agent would like to speak to her. They stated the manager wasnt available. Another agent persued to help and stated the first receptionist made a mistake and stated that I owed $75.00- still more than my $50 co pay?

They took my card, my agent stated they needed to reimburse me the difference they charged beyond my co-pay. I was upset by this point, my blood pressure was up, I no longer felt like continuing with this cardio appointment.

I asked for a full refund and advised them that I would be finding another cardiologist. At this point it wasn't even about the money, it was how I was treated as their patient with a heart condition.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Be aware of Balance Billing- Don’t allow physicians to break their contract with your Medical Insurer

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

COVID, monkeypox, mask-optional policy: Are we safe? Watch an expert interview with Prof. Karen Jubanyik from Yale to learn more about viruses and how to stay protected.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article