Untrustworthy and Incompetent- Stacey Semmel, FAU Assistant Vice President/Controller, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton

WORST PERSON AT FAU I have EVER dealt with!! As a student at FAU, Stacey Semmel personally cost me over $1,000 and is not to be trusted! After giving her word that she would correct a serious mistake caused by the incompetence of several of her FAU colleagues (people that reported directly to her), Ms. Semmel instead wasted countless hours of my time by outright lying to me, failing to return calls/messages, losing her temper when I actually managed to get her on the phone, and finally offering me a “solution” that included a direct financial benefit to her and the University, but left me with nothing. Not only was she entirely untrustworthy, she was also extremely rude, indifferent and heartless- Which has (sadly) been my experience with the majority of the FAU Financial Affairs staff! Please comment below if you have had a similar experience with Stacey Semmel. It is my firm belief that Stacey Semmel and Florida Atlantic University should be held accountable for their greed, incompetence and total disregard for the wellbeing of their students!!
ID
Boca Raton, Florida

Untrustworthy and Incompetent- Dorothy K. Russell, Former FAU Vice President/CFO, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton

WORST PERSON AT FAU I have EVER dealt with!! As a student at FAU, Dorothy Russell personally cost me over $1,000 and is not to be trusted! After giving her word that she would correct a serious mistake caused by the incompetence of several of her FAU colleagues (people that reported directly to her), Ms. Russell instead wasted countless hours of my time by outright lying to me, failing to return calls/messages, losing her temper when I actually managed to get her on the phone, and finally offering me a “solution” that included a direct financial benefit to her and the University, but left me with nothing. Not only was she entirely untrustworthy, she was also extremely rude, indifferent and heartless- Which has (sadly) been my experience with the majority of the FAU Financial Affairs staff! Please comment below if you have had a similar experience with Dorothy Russell. It is my firm belief that Dorothy Russell and Florida Atlantic University should be held accountable for their greed, incompetence and total disregard for the wellbeing of their students!!

You never told us the nature of the problem other than you don't like someone. You have to drop any pretentions when you enter a college ; it isn't called "the ivory tower" without cause..

This is nothing new ; I experienced it back in '74. Most of the employees were lackluster at best with a few really horrible ones tossed in. All for the bargain price of more than you can afford.

Be advised that this is "their territory" and the word "fiefdom" comes to mind. Colleges are arrogant, greedy, closed societies where "they" are always right, "you" are always wrong, and the prices have increased x100 instead of x10 like everything else since 1970.

ID
Boca Raton, Florida

Rita Gelin, President’s Office- Untrustworthy, Greedy and Unreliable Individual (Student’s Opinion) Boca Raton, Florida