Verified Reviewer

I would like to speak to a human being

I would like to speak to a human being regarding the upcoming flights to South Korea, through CIEE, for my granddaughter. We have several questions before actually scheduling the flight. I have tried calling the phone numbers you all show and not getting through to anyone. I would like to say we have used you all before, 3 yrs ago, and I was very satisfied with the person who helped us, but not so much this time. I need to speak to an actual person who speaks english, please. Thank you!
Oberlin, Ohio

Can't find flight

My husbands flight is missing an he has to be able to get home ! We are concerned bc this flight was already paid for thru learning alliance in Florida an if we wait theres a chance that he wont be able to fly home. So we need this addressed immediately
Mckinney, Texas

A full review of the Flightfox scam: Why is Flightfox a scam and a fraud

I heard of this FlightFox service and I was wondering if it is worth it. They charge very hefty fees for their service. I will try to make a review of the Flightfox scam. Scam is not a harsh word when it comes to Flightfox, because their service does not deliver what they promise, they make you waste time, and time when it comes to booking the cheapest flights, time means money. Well, the "expert" they assigned me to wound up finding the exact same flight I myself had found previously, for $ 992, PLUS TAXES AND FEES. When I replied that I had hoped for better as this was the exact same flight I found myself after five minutes, Flightfox didn´t reply. Now also the so called Flightfox expert also has stopped responding. Like most s*ckers I guess they get, I was intrigued by the claim of "books full of tricks" and "insider secrets" to "make flights cheaper." Now I'm annoyed that I paid $ 299 for this "expert" to find a flight I already found myself, and I am hardly a flight expert. If you read also on reddit there are thousands of scam complainst about flightfox, they have a terrible reputation all over the internet, Later i emailed the apparent founder of the website Flightfox. He did his search and from what he told me, the guy who didn´t have a clue who was my "expert" could not work out that if i gave only one date on my request, that means its a ONE WAY request. I guess u need another kind of expertise to understand that, which is common sense. Over and over again I found cheaper fares and better flights much more easily on my own than what Flightfox claimed to find for me. I've heard the same for others, as you can easily find more reviews saying the same things: Flightfox has a terrible reputation online. Another downside of Flightfox is the ridiculous number of insistent emails many of the so called experts send you, demanding that you quickly accept their high price. It is all false advertisment from their part. So the short of it, do not rely on these guys because you may be left hanging while the fares you found are gone too, like in my case. so be careful if you dont have much time or if you see a good fare, just grab it, instead waiting for 2 days for these guys only to get an email back or no reponse at all, after they took your money. Also Flightfox are very slow at replying, and overall is a service that s*cks big time.

Hello, this is Flightfox.

We checked our system and no customer has ever been charged $299. We only have one customer in the history of our system that was offered flights for $992, but that was 25 weeks ago, they only paid $49, and they rated their expert 10/10.

Our average customer rating is 9.1/10, which is very high for the travel industry. We are publicly transparent about our customer satisfaction ratings as you can read here: https://flightfox.com/business/how-we-measure-customer-happiness. In fact, we are known in the travel industry and tech industries for being one of the most customer-satisfaction focused companies on the planet, which is evidenced by our unique value guarantee, and which also casts various doubts on the veracity of this complaint.

This complaint has very similar language to a supposed customer who is posting various claims on the internet as you can see here: http://www.brenontheroad.com/flightfox-review-airfare-hacking-made-easy/ (look for the comment by Saabi). He says in that particular post that we refunded him immediately.

He was upset that we couldn't meet his impossible budget and has now posted different stories (some claim refund, some claim various fees) on five different website.

As per our terms, if we cannot help a customer save money, we cancel their request IMMEDIATELY and do not charge a fee. Just to reiterate, we do not charge upfront for trips like the one mentioned in this complaint. There is actually no scenario in which we would charge $299 for a $992 trip. We only charge over $200 for very complex trips that are worth many $1000s.

You can see in the comments from the link above people agreeing that we cancel requests quickly if we cannot help.

Keep in mind we service almost 50,000 customers in 180+ countries in complaints about Flightfox are very few. Out of the few complaints, most are that we cannot hit a budget and we cancel their request too quickly (which we are working hard on to improve).

If you are the author of this comment and the details are slightly wrong and you did not save, please contact us and we will refund your fee immediately, which is our policy for everyone.

Regards.

Dublin, Dublin
Cons
  • Flightfox
  • Scam
  • Fraud
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Travel Expert Talks

Vacation Rentals: Refund, Cancellation and Safety Tips

Nov 6, 2020

How to refund or cancel a vacation rental? How to avoid a scam? We’ve asked Mary Branum, a vacation rental expert, and experienced homeowner, to answer top consumers questions about vacation rentals.

Read full article
Mary Branum
Mary Branum

Mary Branum is a vacation rental expert, owner of Galveston Island and President of STROAG.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article