Terrible Smog Check Experience

Fix N Smog - Terrible Smog Check Experience
I took car for smog check, on 10/27/17, to Fix-N-Smog (318 N Tustin Ave Orange, CA 92867). I was told the dipstick tube had tape at the bottom (which it did, to hold the tube down to the engine) and couldn't pass without a new tube. This still cost me $29.75. I immediately bought one ($20 from VW), installed it and took the car back. They couldn't do it because it was late in the day. I brought it back 10/30/17 for a re-inspection. The mechanic accused me of cleaning the old tube and refused to pass it. He said the tube still slips in and out of the engine port (bad design from VW). I explained it was new. He insisted on a receipt, then, walked off. Basically, he called me a liar. I went home to get the old tube and receipt and come back a 4th time. I wasn't very happy when I came back. I showed the manager and the mechanic the old tube and my receipt. I explained the dipstick tubes slip because it's a bad design from VW and that's why I needed the tape to hold it down. The mechanic didn’t like my attitude or maybe it was that I proved he didn’t know what he was talking about. He said "You need to leave!" They refused to smog my car.
ID
Orange, California
Pros
  • That it was in my town
Cons
  • Not getting what i paid for
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Smog the car

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article