Stole my belongings

If you are planning a long distance/cross country move, take note! I strongly suggest you avoid "5 star" Movers. I couldn't stand the thought of selling off my precious furniture to avoid the high cost of moving cross country. I finally found 5 Star and they gave me a really attractive rate, pretty much half of what the best movers were charging. Let's just say I would have been better off selling. Pickup in Boston went smoothly and they carefully wrapped all of my furniture. Then they proceeded to detach the legs from my favorite piece, the farm table all the while ensuring me that it'll be ok. Drop off in Austin is where it started to get annoying. It took almost 4 weeks and they gave me no window of when to expect my shipment. After calling numerous times they just repeatedly informed me of a 24hr notice and that's all they could do. I couldn't leave town or make any serious plans for a month. Driver finally called to tell me he would arrive from 10am-11am the next morning. I call at 9am to confirm and he is just waking up! Tells me he had a ruff night and he will make it at 1pm. Finally at 6pm he calls to tell me he'll be there at 8. They unload and guess what?! The legs from my table are missing, which makes it completely useless. My standing mirror is missing, and so is a huge bag of my shoes and accessories. I'm heartbroken, angry and quite honestly exhausted from this process. Also, they tricked me into signing the wrong line on the insurance sheet that waives the Full Level of protection which they are required to provide. Just unreal! Please pay attention to what you are signing! I can only pray they'll do right by me and replace my items. Erika never returned my phone calls. I had to call repeatedly to get any answers, which she never has.
ID
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article